What really grinds your gears?

2 lurkers | 179 watchers
12 Sep
8:49am, 12 Sep 2024
77,532 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
LazyDaisy wrote: I guess it wouldn't be cost-effective to drive to LG's to fill up

Yeah but it would good to see you 😂😂🥰
12 Sep
12:48pm, 12 Sep 2024
32,785 posts
  •  
macca 53
LazyDaisy wrote:Petrol is always cheaper in Gloucester petrol stations than it is less than 9 miles away in Cheltenham. How can that be justified? There are only 3 miles between our nearest Cheltenham station (Morrisons) and the nearest Gloucester-priced station (Tesco) so guess where we go (it's also on our route so we don't even have to detour to get to it.) Last weekend I filled up at the Tesco @132.9 and was gobsmacked to see that at Beaconsfield services on the M40 Shell were charging 165.9!!! Surely no-one puts more than a dribble in at those prices, just to get them to the nearest alternative?

There’s always a “lively discussion” going on between my local Sainsbury’s and the one in Bishop Auckland (about 9 miles apart) which is always about 8 or 9ppl cheaper (definitely worth the drive rather than whinging about it imo!)
13 Sep
3:43pm, 13 Sep 2024
4,307 posts
  •  
z1000jeff
People who give their cars names ... and even worse, people who call their motorcycles 'she'.
14 Sep
1:35pm, 14 Sep 2024
12,974 posts
  •  
Jason1969
Strictly Come Dancing.

It makes my gears grind.
15 Sep
11:43am, 15 Sep 2024
23,206 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
eating out - yesterday, for instance

12:25 arrive, welcomed, shown to table
quickly (as always) drinks order taken
fairly quickly food order taken
13:42 food arrives - small to ridiculously tiny portions, but plenty of potatoes
13:48 food finished: £22 in six minutes =~ £4/minute
fairly soon desserts and coffees ordered, to arrive together
fairly soon coffees arrive
I'm beginning to feel quite hungry
20-30 minutes later desserts arrive
quickly eaten
then we can't get the bill without going through a 'rate your visit' questionnaire (I suppose we could have if we'd suggested departing rather than complying)

Cost: nearly £40/head with no alcohol
15 Sep
1:37pm, 15 Sep 2024
4,036 posts
  •  
cackleberry
I enjoy eating out, but struggle to find many places that can do better than I can cook at home.
Or at least at a sensible price.
15 Sep
3:28pm, 15 Sep 2024
11,336 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
I hope that you marked them down for having to complete a questionnaire.
15 Sep
4:46pm, 15 Sep 2024
88,124 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Brambles.

People who don’t merge in turn and try to stop others doing the same, even when there are signs instructing them to do it and also ones saying “use both lanes when queuing “. (I think we’ve probably had this one before)
15 Sep
5:06pm, 15 Sep 2024
11,337 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Drivers in the right hand lane, who at at a merge in turn location drive as fast and far towards the merge point making the assumption that they should be permitted to merge.
If they moderated their speed and spacing it could be accomplished far more agreeably.
15 Sep
5:28pm, 15 Sep 2024
88,126 posts
  •  
Diogenes
It’s generally at crawling speed in queuing traffic.

Muppets queuing in single file when there’s an empty lane next to them.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.