What really grinds your gears?

179 watchers
26 Aug
8:32pm, 26 Aug 2024
2,818 posts
  •  
Jen HB
I only wanted to transfer some of the photos from What's App to my pc - so now need to wait for about 1hr for all what's app images to transfer
26 Aug
10:12pm, 26 Aug 2024
12,029 posts
  •  
Raemondo
People who don't understand that if they have a microphone they don't need to shout.
27 Aug
7:28am, 27 Aug 2024
3,295 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Night-owl wrote:The latest Curry's advert. In fact all Curry's adverts

Their tagline outside the shop yesterday: "Sun's out, technology's about!"

How did that get past their marketing department?
27 Aug
7:34am, 27 Aug 2024
11,289 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Raemondo wrote:People who don't understand that if they have a microphone they don't need to shout.
People who don’t understand that if they have a microphone they still need to speak up (but not not shout). It’s not a thought transference device!
3M
27 Aug
10:34am, 27 Aug 2024
24,640 posts
  •  
3M
The lady walking 5 dogs on the shared cycle path (3 labs, two smally curly things). None of them on leads, she was on her phone... with earpieces in. Didn't hear the bell. Weave around dogs and miss.

The next lady calling her small fat slow dog with short legs to heel, across and along the shared cycle path as I approached. Just leave it, I'll be past both of you before your dog has looked up! Swerve and miss.

The lady with (no dog) but on the phone and earpieces in who was taking up 2/3 of the narrowest bit of the shared cycle path who couldn't hear me approach or the bell... I do so hope I gave her a start as I went by.
27 Aug
10:56am, 27 Aug 2024
11,291 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Another dog related gripe. A friend popped round to collect something yesterday with their new puppy. Whilst waiting for my wife to get their box the pup started chewing some verbena by the front door. Friend says, “Rolo’s eating your plants”. I should have replied “that’s because you’re allowing him to” but being typically British I just laughed and didn’t moan.

This is a dog owner whose last dog died because it ate something it shouldn’t and choked. Never mind not controlling it’s behaviour, I would have thought he’d been quite keen to prevent the pup from eating just anything it comes across.
27 Aug
3:31pm, 27 Aug 2024
19,068 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Cold callers at the door. It's so hard to remain polite (although the handsome young chap who just knocked on here got my friendliest version, even if he couldn't take no for an answer)
28 Aug
6:30pm, 28 Aug 2024
40,627 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
OH having lost one of the sets of keys to the holiday flat, and saying when I ask him to mentally retrace his actions from when he knows he last had them, that 'that's a waste of time.'
28 Aug
8:19pm, 28 Aug 2024
32,099 posts
  •  
Nicholls595

It's still August
um
28 Aug
8:25pm, 28 Aug 2024
8,827 posts
  •  
um
A mince pie is not just for Christmas!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.