What minor disaster has befallen you today?

1 lurker | 89 watchers
7 Aug
8:56pm, 7 Aug 2024
27,175 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
The Authenticator app for my work emails is broken. Wait, maybe that’s not such a disaster after all.
8 Aug
7:12pm, 8 Aug 2024
39,425 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I had another ice cream, black currant and clotted cream.

The stracciatella wasn't at all bad, but I think crunchie was beating it
16 Aug
8:09pm, 16 Aug 2024
2,796 posts
  •  
Jen HB
Got caught by various (I guess long term....) footpath closures where Sizewell C is being built. Due to time constraints, retraced steps to Sizewell Tea car park and back on the road to Leiston
16 Aug
10:22pm, 16 Aug 2024
23,181 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I created a pathway across a very shallow stream by dropping a log in it. I really didn't expect it to splash generously up to my waist.
22 Aug
7:45pm, 22 Aug 2024
11,272 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
A young greenfinch flew into the closed patio door and sadly died.

Later, a dead greenfinch fell out of the apple tree. We think that it may have been dropped a sparrow hawk that we frequently see in our garden.
25 Aug
4:31pm, 25 Aug 2024
3,172 posts
  •  
ptr_runner
Stupidly left my phone in my pocket when I got into the pool. It's now sitting in a bowl of rice. Ringers crossed.
25 Aug
4:38pm, 25 Aug 2024
44,133 posts
  •  
Ness
Fingers crossed.
30 Aug
7:50am, 30 Aug 2024
2,823 posts
  •  
Jen HB
Came downstairs to this....

30 Aug
4:04pm, 30 Aug 2024
12,043 posts
  •  
Raemondo
I left my multi plugular USB cable in my car in Eindhoven, which will not be much use when I need to charge my phone and headphones once I get to Ireland.

One takes USB-C and the other micro-USB, so I will either need to find another multi way one, or buy two separate new cables, ideally from a service station somewhere between Dublin and Virginia.

Also my flight is now delayed, meaning I almost certainly won't get to my hotel until after their restaurant stops serving food. So I might be foraging for dinner at said service station, too.
30 Aug
4:17pm, 30 Aug 2024
96,967 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
That's almost not a minor disaster Rae!

Picked my glasses up and a leg fell off, they have funny 2 part screws and I could only find one part so now having to balance them on my nose.

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...