What minor disaster has befallen you today?

3 lurkers | 89 watchers
Nov 2023
11:43am, 12 Nov 2023
16,742 posts
  •  
Badger
Exhaust pipe giving up 160 miles from home on a Sunday…
Nov 2023
12:05pm, 12 Nov 2023
1,293 posts
  •  
stilldreaming
The girl in charge of our team kit didn't bring it for our away game.
Awkward!! That reminds me of the time the guy organising our minibus to a XC race didn't 🤦‍♀️
Nov 2023
12:54pm, 12 Nov 2023
166 posts
  •  
DrMags
Prepping camper van for winter, decided to really clean the Thetford Loo waste holding tank. After first emptying (chemical+) contents in proper disposal, went to work on it at home getting a brush round all the inner surfaces I could reach. While emptying swilled contents down the toilet, half of them went on the bathroom floor, bath mat and my feet as I’d left the slider open. Never mind “not my cat” (from another Forum thread), how about “not my poo” (it’s a 2nd hand van and we’ve never used the loo for no. 2’s).
Nov 2023
1:33pm, 12 Nov 2023
10,337 posts
  •  
Fields
Go and see them but explain things are tight & gifts aren’t possible. They’ll understand.

And maybe give them a heads up, say sorry, I can’t get you anything, so just don’t get me anything and we’re all square.

Tough situation though.

Yeah, I think this is the way. I have done 17.5 hrs overtime so far this weekend which will help, more to do this evening, shame it will not get paid until after Christmas.
Nov 2023
1:39pm, 12 Nov 2023
62,089 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I picked up what I thought was an empty Monster drink can this morning while out walking but it wasn't empty and the dregs went on my left shoe. However, there wasn't much left and my foot didn't really get wet
Nov 2023
1:57pm, 12 Nov 2023
24,242 posts
  •  
richmac
Gunked up drain,
Nov 2023
2:21pm, 12 Nov 2023
11,067 posts
  •  
Raemond
The girl in charge of our team kit didn't bring it for our away game. Awkward!! That reminds me of the time the guy organising our minibus to a XC race didn't 🤦‍♀️

Very luckily, someone found the kit of another rugby team in a cupboard at the Uni sport centre and we were allowed to use it.
So instead of Vets colours today we played as the Leiden Defenders 😂
Nov 2023
4:14pm, 12 Nov 2023
11,070 posts
  •  
Raemond
I've just realised a disaster is due to befall me next year, does that count?

My birthday will be the Saturday of 'Carnaval' - the Dutch multi-day, fancy dress and driving extravaganza that's roughly equivalent to Mardi Gras, but in a less temperate climate.
Nov 2023
7:47pm, 12 Nov 2023
16,743 posts
  •  
Badger
Exhaust pipe giving up 160 miles from home on a Sunday…

Fortunately very minor, despite the terrifying noises it was just a loose heat shield which a cheery lad in Trowbridge fixed in ten minutes.
Nov 2023
9:08pm, 12 Nov 2023
24,251 posts
  •  
richmac
a cheery lad in Trowbridge fixed in ten minutes.

Clearly he doesn't live there ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...