What minor disaster has befallen you today?

6 lurkers | 89 watchers
Jun 2023
12:58pm, 6 Jun 2023
10,512 posts
  •  
Raemond
I went to shops, primarily to get more diclofenac because period pain is a B.
I thought I would combine it with looking for more hats for the rugby thing this weekend, so I went to the shops in Belgium, because I hadn't checked the store of the chain that I've bought the other ones from.

I forgot that diclofenac isn't available over the counter in Belgium.
I did, at least, get more hats.
Jun 2023
11:03am, 7 Jun 2023
79,467 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I sneezed into my sleeve and now I have a wet sleeve
Jun 2023
11:41am, 7 Jun 2023
2,151 posts
  •  
Idristhedragon
Woke up and felt my nose was running. Was a full blown nosebleed and went on my pillow. And also the bathroom floor (that was more easily dealt with)
Jun 2023
12:34pm, 7 Jun 2023
22,135 posts
  •  
richmac
Snapped yet another drill it
Jun 2023
7:35pm, 8 Jun 2023
10,517 posts
  •  
Raemond
My phone states to go mad, saying the 'home

' app was crashing. The effect was that unless I had a notification in the pull n down menu at the top of the screen I couldn't open any other apps.

This could cause difficulties for things like getting at the app I now need to use for work, or using maps to get to the ferry to Ameland tomorrow.

Luckily it decided to have this little breakdown while I still had time to run out and buy a cheap new handset, which I'd been considering doing to have a separate work phone anyway.
Jun 2023
5:08pm, 10 Jun 2023
14,196 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I left new bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the caravan site communal showers and by the time I realised and went back, they’d gone.
Jun 2023
5:14pm, 10 Jun 2023
3,957 posts
  •  
Jaks
Had the cleaners been in Alice the Camel they might have picked it up. Might be worth asking a warden if they have it.
Jun 2023
3:33pm, 11 Jun 2023
9,730 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Despite the torrential rain that we had yesterday our main water butt remained nearly empty. On investigation I found a very large slug had taken up residence in the feed pipe between the the down pipe and the butt creating a tight plug!
Jun 2023
3:38pm, 11 Jun 2023
14,212 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
Yuk, Eynsham Red :-)

Checked with the wardens Jaks, they hadn’t seen them.
Jun 2023
3:42pm, 11 Jun 2023
22,180 posts
  •  
richmac
Despite the torrential rain that we had yesterday our main water butt remained nearly empty. On investigation I found a very large slug had taken up residence in the feed pipe between the the down pipe and the butt creating a tight plug!

Butt plug?

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...