•  
Lesley C
Might be interested.
6 May
11:50am, 6 May 2024
2,118 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
Just tidying the plan up before inputting in to a Fetch plan. Hopefully, Iʻll have it all sorted tomorrow.
6 May
8:04pm, 6 May 2024
724 posts
  •  
cerid
Definitely interested. My mileage is at the low end of the range you mentioned so I might look at the detail and baulk, but I have the same goal so worth a look!
7 May
2:52pm, 7 May 2024
781 posts
  •  
faithfulred
I can only run 3X per week, but those three runs are quite long (I generally manage around 30-40mi/week) so I'll look at the plan and see whether I can incorporate elements of it onto my week.
7 May
9:42pm, 7 May 2024
4,243 posts
  •  
tipsku
I'll check out your plan later to see what you have in mind and how it compares to my build-up plan, Mark J 🇳🇿

I've started my 5k plan today with a track session, 5x 800 m @5k pace with 400 m jog recoveries. I added a bonus 100 m sprint at the end of final recovery lap to work on my finishing kick, too. It felt challenging but doable and I hit my target times.

Next week, same place, similar idea, 5x 1000 m @5k pace with 200 m recoveries, increasing the distance at race pace.

Friday, I'll do a threshold session, probably 3x 2000 m at LT pace with 3 min float recoveries, maybe 4x 2000, if I feel good.

So my plan is to run 6 times a week: 2x very easy runs on Monday and Thursday with my beginners groups; 2x workouts on Tuesday and Friday after the recovery runs; 2x endurance with a MLR on Wednesday and a LR on Sunday. Saturday is probably a long bike ride which can be swapped with the LR on Sunday, depending on the weather.
7 May
10:45pm, 7 May 2024
2,120 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
Hey tipsku, this all sounds very similar to the plan I'm currently transposing across. I'm nearly finished now. But yes, lots of 800, 400 type sessions etc.

I'm not claiming to be an expert at all, far from it. I'm just another plodder. And I'm sure some of the things I do in my training, some people will find odd. But I am looking forward to comparing notes with others on these specific training sets to see what we can all learn and hopefully, improve on.
8 May
9:20am, 8 May 2024
2,122 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
OK, so just applying the final tweaks to the plan before I publish it. In this day and age, I guess I should start by saying the following before putting anything up and out there.

*I am in no way a qualified coach, fitness instructor or fitness influencer (is this a thing these days). I do not profess to know any more than the vast majority of normal runners. I am doing this for my own personal running journey and should you decide to join me, then it is of your own choosing. Please, consider the implications of this training in your own fitness and health context and seek professional advice if you feel it necessary. (In other words, don't blame if you pull a muscle, you're big enough and old enough to know your body better than anyone, especially me. Sheesh, I can't look after myself, let alone you lot).
9 May
3:45am, 9 May 2024
2,125 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
I have created the plan but it's not showing up yet. I have a call in with the boss (fetcheveryone) to query why its a no show.
9 May
9:10am, 9 May 2024
30,459 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I’m in Devon this week, but will get back to you asap hopefully Monday.
9 May
9:25am, 9 May 2024
3,891 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I am watching with interest ;-)

About This Thread

Following some discussion with the Coros coaching team, Iʻve decided to to try and improve my 5k time and general threshold pace. The ultimate target is to improve on my distance running but it starts with being able to hold a solid threshold pace. So, Iʻm going to be starting an 8 week, threshold improvement plan from the 27th of May. I wondered if anyone fancied running along with me, virtually.

Coros original plan: training.coros.com

My version of the plan: fetcheveryone.com/training-plan-view.php?id=969

Cleaner kms version: fetcheveryone.com/training-plan-view.php?id=970

*Please read the disclaimer on page 2 before following along.