•  
Muttley
Be still my beating heart ...

4 Mar
10:39am, 4 Mar 2024
14,537 posts
  •  
Fat Dave
I'd quite like my Garmin to track open water swims. It doesn't do that for some reason.
4 Mar
10:42am, 4 Mar 2024
33,067 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I usually swim breast stroke and the GPS doesn’t seem to work when my wrist is under the water - ie most of the time. I get round it by buckling it to the top of my towfloat - it’s a faff but at least I get a distance and time recorded
4 Mar
10:48am, 4 Mar 2024
3,586 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Although I love my Fenix 6 (I think... second hand off ebay!) I only want the exercise stuff, like HR, steps, how fast/far etc. I do like the body biometrics like sleep and body battery.

All the other stuff, like getting emails or music or whatnot I have no use for, I haven't set anything up so it doesn't 'do' anything, but I can't help thinking they're using battery in the background. I'd like to be able to turn them off completely.

I use my Garmin as my everyday watch.
4 Mar
10:50am, 4 Mar 2024
14,539 posts
  •  
Fat Dave
Garmin Pay is pants, too.
4 Mar
11:25am, 4 Mar 2024
49,522 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
What's wrong with Garmin Pay FD? I use mine multiple times per week (for micro transactions, coffee and the like.) :-) G
4 Mar
11:36am, 4 Mar 2024
121,129 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I have a 301... It still works totally fine 😎
4 Mar
11:41am, 4 Mar 2024
14,540 posts
  •  
Fat Dave
What's wrong with Garmin Pay FD? I use mine multiple times per week (for micro transactions, coffee and the like.) G

Oh, just that it only works with about two banks. So I'd have to get a completely new bank account just to use it.
4 Mar
11:44am, 4 Mar 2024
6,074 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Fat Dave - see the Garmin thread recently. Curve is what you want, it works with all the major banks
um
6 Mar
7:55pm, 6 Mar 2024
8,257 posts
  •  
um
Feature bloat? I think it started with cars and models steadily got more and more features over time.
But SW products are rife with it. After all, once the code is developed, it's effectively zero cost (just a bit of memory consumed) to include it on all new products. And it then moves from premium or innovative to standard.

Good luck with your choice (as another run/walk/cycle time, distance, pace and map type, with occasional HR user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Muttley
Hopelessly confused by these fancy new Garmins.