•  
geordiegirl
Managed to get one photo loaded.

6 Sep
10:58pm, 6 Sep 2024
24,176 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ellie is so stressed it’s making us sad. She wasn’t too bad travelling so thought she was ok.

@cackleberry I remember your dog wasn’t good first time it’s giving us hope. Wish we could just talk to them and explain.
7 Sep
7:52am, 7 Sep 2024
3,966 posts
  •  
Big_G
Tigg gets incredibly stressed when we are packing the van at home, ready to leave for a trip. He’s a rescue dog so don’t know if his previous owner left him on occasion or what, but he’s howling, panting heavily, lip smacking, eyes wide, and really stressed as he sees us packing up the van. But he loves it on the trips, particularly with the van door open and he’s laying in there watching the world go by. Early morning peace was shattered at one site in Scotland where a load of partridges crossed our pitch, which Tigg wasn’t happy about - they were making a racket as they waddled past, he barked, they started making more racket, he barked some more, etc. But apart from that he seems to really enjoy it, and he’s certainly a well travelled dog!
7 Sep
9:37am, 7 Sep 2024
24,178 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
She gets anxious when we take her to the boat but she settles she did finally chill out last night. She’s now outside the van watching the world go by. Fingers crossed she gets more used to it, she’s nearly 15 so it is understandably strange for her.
8 Sep
4:04pm, 8 Sep 2024
24,182 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Been the the caravanning and camper show at Harrogate bought a popup gazebo tent thing and dreaming of winning the lottery! Some amazing MoHo’s out there.
8 Sep
6:56pm, 8 Sep 2024
27,544 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
My new bus route takes me past Perthshire Caravans at least a couple of times a week. Fortunately I can’t be tempted to stop or the passengers might have something to say about it! 🤣

Lottery win would definitely be good. I don’t want a lot; top-end 5-figures would be enough. :)
8 Sep
8:08pm, 8 Sep 2024
12,930 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I’ve struck gold with the campsite I booked for this weekend - so much so Nicky has agreed to staying for another night and travelling back tomorrow :-O

Lidalia in Newcastleton. It’s a beautifully kept, peaceful site with immaculate facilities and lovely, friendly staff. I’d happily stay here again.
8 Sep
10:05pm, 8 Sep 2024
24,191 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Oh Newcastle ton isn’t too far from us might have to check that out sometime @cathrobinson hope you enjoy your extra stay.
11 Sep
7:55am, 11 Sep 2024
19,774 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Good morning from Lake Annecy

11 Sep
8:05am, 11 Sep 2024
3,985 posts
  •  
Big_G
Lovely! It’s brilliant around there. Enjoy.

We had a couple of nights near Hayle over the weekend as I mentioned the other day. It was a very late booking but we had a great time. I did a parkrun, and we saw some friends who have a place nearby. It did rain on the Saturday, heavily, but we had a wander around Saint Ives in Sunday before driving back up to Devon. Just a short break but was nice to get away.

Probably just one more trip away for this year, up to Ross on Wye hopefully at the end of the month. We went a few weeks ago but had to cut it short due to an emergency at home, so looking to go back. I keep the van on the road all year and we use it all year around, but I suspect that will be the last overnight stop this year.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...