Things you don't understand watch - have you got things you don't understand?

1 lurker | 59 watchers
4 Feb
3:25pm, 4 Feb 2024
3,521 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Why we get an extra day added to February during a leap year? Why can't they add it to June when the weather is nicer?

Never thought about that, but good point!
4 Feb
4:59pm, 4 Feb 2024
8,615 posts
  •  
Pothunter
(It's only nicer in the Northern Hemisphere. June down south is winter!)
5 Feb
10:32am, 5 Feb 2024
10,213 posts
  •  
GordonG
Why we get an extra day added to February during a leap year? Why can't they add it to June when the weather is nicer? Never thought about that, but good point!

I've always assumed it's in February only because that's the shortest month.
5 Feb
11:16am, 5 Feb 2024
8,618 posts
  •  
Pothunter
(Blame Julius Caesar: time.com )
9 Feb
9:13am, 9 Feb 2024
455 posts
  •  
Pale Skinny Vegan
What this Taylor Swift and American Football thing is all about.
I must have missed the original story, now I just keep seeing Facebook posts referring to it and I've got no idea what's going on.
This happens a lot to me. Sometimes I reverse engineer the reactions to find out what the story was, usually I just ignore it until it goes away
9 Feb
9:25am, 9 Feb 2024
42,139 posts
  •  
Nellers
Swiftly is “stepping out” (I think that’s what the cool kids say these days) with Travis Kelce, one of the stars in the Kansas City Chiefs who are in the Superb Owl this weekend.

She’s been to watch a fair few games and the tv cameras often show her reacting to plays involving Kelce.

This has hugely annoyed a bunch of fragile-egos in the fan base of the nfl whilst simultaneously attracting a lot of interest in gridiron from young females.

Also the wingnuts on the right are now convinced that the superb owl is fixed because Swifty has talked about supporting women and gay and trans rights and has encouraged people who o vote.
9 Feb
9:41am, 9 Feb 2024
456 posts
  •  
Pale Skinny Vegan
Thanks. I wasn't really after someone to summarise it for me to save me looking it up myself, but thanks anyway.
It was more a pondering on how I seem to miss a lot of big news stories. She is obviously very famous and I'm familiar with the name, although I couldn't name a single one of her songs.
9 Feb
9:51am, 9 Feb 2024
42,141 posts
  •  
Nellers
I was the same, PSV. She’s not my thing at all musically but she seems like a genuinely good person and she seems to be using her platform in a positive way. Not keen on the music but I love T-Swizzle herself.
9 Feb
9:55am, 9 Feb 2024
53,696 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Some right wing nut jobs are also alleging she's only interested in him for his money which is laughable as she's something like ten times wealthier
9 Feb
1:38pm, 9 Feb 2024
18,303 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Isn't the Taylor Swift story essentially modern day witch hunting? "There's a successful woman, she must be a witch, burn her!"

I think we need to take the Internet away from the masses to cease fanning the flames of all these fragile little boys.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Why is being 'jungle fresh' considered a desirable quality in salted peanuts?