Things you don't understand watch - have you got things you don't understand?

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
9 Feb
2:30pm, 9 Feb 2024
42,148 posts
  •  
Nellers
I understand that Eminem is often shown when he's reacting to plays at Detroit, which is his home team, but there's not such a reaction. Arguably he's not nearly as big a star as Swifty but I'd suggest there's another motivation to the Swift hatred, and it rhymes with Gragile Jail Megos.
9 Feb
3:08pm, 9 Feb 2024
19,185 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Kansas Chiefs are currently the most successful team in the NFL and quite a few people (myself included) want it to be someone else's turn. A bit like Manchester United in the 2000s. Except nobody was chiefs fans until they were successful

I guess the analogy for me would be in Soccer, if Manchester United scored and the TV cut away to posh spice celebrating in corporate box until play restarted. If Posh was dating the Scunthorpe captain or the Swifty was seeing the star Tight End of the Jacksonvillle Jaagwars it probably wouldn't garner anywhere near the same reaction.
9 Feb
3:09pm, 9 Feb 2024
19,186 posts
  •  
NDWDave
WTF are Costa doing by selling "hot milkshakes".... isn't that just a hot chocolate??
10 Feb
8:57am, 10 Feb 2024
457 posts
  •  
Pale Skinny Vegan
Why there is no standardisation of dust extractor port size on woodworking tools.
There are dozens of different adaptors available, yet people still end up bodging it with duct tape, car steering rack boots and heat shrunk pop bottles.
10 Feb
7:42pm, 10 Feb 2024
25,907 posts
  •  
richmac
^ you just need a cone adapter.
11 Feb
7:01am, 11 Feb 2024
458 posts
  •  
Pale Skinny Vegan
I'm new to the world of dust extraction, having only bought an extractor last week, but judging by the number of woodworking forum discussions and YouTube videos on the subject, I don't think it's going to be that straightforward.
11 Feb
8:10am, 11 Feb 2024
25,914 posts
  •  
richmac
It never is TBH.

I use a stepped adapter, you can buy multi packs

amazon.co.uk

I have cheap B&Q special Vac under the work bench dedicated to dust extraction.

But yes, gaffer tape features a lot
14 Feb
12:06pm, 14 Feb 2024
2,952 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Why shop bought soup is so bad. You'd think it would be one of the easiest things to make and package up.
16 Feb
10:13am, 16 Feb 2024
84,588 posts
  •  
Diogenes
This is no comment or judgement on those that have them, but I don't understand wanting piercings or tattoos, especially ones that are always visible such as sleeves and face and neck tattoos. Earring piercings are normalised but nose, brow ones, etc. must be so irritating.
16 Feb
12:06pm, 16 Feb 2024
18,330 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
I'm the same, Dio. Obviously people are free to do as they will with their bodies, but so many tattoos look an absolute mess.

However, the fact that I am hugely needlephobic, and have terrible skin due to eczema might have influenced my thinking on this - they're simply not options for me!

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Why is being 'jungle fresh' considered a desirable quality in salted peanuts?