Sailing - dinghies, yachts, inshore, coastal, ocean?! :-)

2 lurkers | 11 watchers
15 Sep
6:44am, 15 Sep 2024
2,720 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Shortening courses due to light winds is fairly common. Moving the gate angles is due to wind shifts. Not sure if the gate marker floats are moved by rhibs or geo-tagged self-propulsion.

The racers don’t appear to acknowledge these changes via vhf. Maybe they have some form of push-button confirmation to the race officials?
15 Sep
8:32pm, 15 Sep 2024
50,930 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)

Thanks for showing me round S @Angus Clydesdale

:-) G
15 Sep
8:41pm, 15 Sep 2024
2,722 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Great pic!
16 Sep
4:52am, 16 Sep 2024
27,555 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
:)
16 Sep
2:05pm, 16 Sep 2024
50,943 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Well, I very much liked the Wanderer that I saw - good price, good nick for age, with all the bits working, including road trailer, launching trolley, and extras such as outboard mount, paddles, spinnaker unused and that I'd probably never use either etc.

As my wife said, "Just get it!" I think she's trying to shut me up! :-) G
16 Sep
4:53pm, 16 Sep 2024
2,724 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
I agree with your wife!!

If you buy at a reasonable price then you’ll get most/all of your money back if you choose to re-sell quite quickly anyway and you’ll have had fun in the mean time😃
17 Sep
8:20am, 17 Sep 2024
27,557 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I agree with your wife. :)
Moreover, if you don’t buy it I’ll have to!! 🤣🤣
17 Sep
2:29pm, 17 Sep 2024
52,657 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Sounds great, @HappyG(rrr) - what are you waiting for?! 😀
17 Sep
2:51pm, 17 Sep 2024
4,717 posts
  •  
trumpton riots
Do it, or you will regret it. If you don't use it, you can always move it on. Happy sailing! :-)
17 Sep
2:56pm, 17 Sep 2024
50,960 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I think the vote from the Fetch jury is "get it"! Thanks all. And moreover, I have to save AC from acquiring yet more old boats! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Arrrr, yo ho ho ho, ahoy there me hearties heart etc.

Pirate speech optional.

Might just be me and Angus Clydesdale, but anyone else into sailing? I'm just getting back to dinghy sailing and loving it. I got canoe during lockdown cos a mate at work cajoled me into it. Then paddleboards because of the good people on the Kayaking and Canoeing thread. But when it's windy, paddling is hard. Sailing is so much better.

So... anyone? :-) G