Politics

7 lurkers | 212 watchers
Nov 2019
3:48pm, 27 Nov 2019
22,932 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Labour should be: Vote Johnson, get Trump.

Labour have clearly tried to wrest back control of the election today after a few really awful days for them. I think they might well succeed. If they do, I think the number should might start to shift. Today could be a pivotal day if only they have the brains and the nous to capitalise upon it. Could be a watershed.
jda
Nov 2019
4:26pm, 27 Nov 2019
5,866 posts
  •  
jda
Yes that's the sort of thing JB. Johnson in Farage's pocket too. It hasn't felt like labour is really making enough of an effort to get on the front foot up to now.
Nov 2019
4:46pm, 27 Nov 2019
22,933 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I'm sure Blair and Campbell would have had a field day with today's revelations about the NHS. Labour need to pummel them with this every day from now until 12th. Nobody with more than brain cell believes a word Johnson says, so he will reap the rewards of being a serial liar - his denials will be taken with a bucket load of salt.
Nov 2019
6:01pm, 27 Nov 2019
9,757 posts
  •  
Torry Quine
Unfortunately there seem to be many people who believe the NHS and SNHS are so much part of the country that they can't possibly be 'on the table' that you get shut down whenever you talk about the possibility.
Nov 2019
11:11pm, 27 Nov 2019
584 posts
  •  
Scorge
the greatest manifesto ever seen.

https://youtu.be/KFeYNwqklbo

leaflet watch in aberdeen south: 1 from the tories which comes straight from the negative campaigning playbook, one from the SNP which was more palatable but had schoolboy spelling error. tory candidate here is co-leader of the city council (my employer). that could be fun if he turns up at my door.
Nov 2019
11:22pm, 27 Nov 2019
8,286 posts
  •  
simbil
I hear the snp lost a court case brought by the Lib Dem’s over some fake news claims against her.

Lib Dem’s being criticised for impersonating local newspapers in other constituencies.
Seems to be a bit of a dirty scrap this time round.

The much anticipated YouGov poll is out and predicting a sizeable Tory majority. It does not reflect recent news such as Corbyns poor interviews or the nhs attack on the tories though. Or that the Lib Dem’s now seem to be pivoting to a people’s vote.

If it’s right, the opposition have a lot to do and I’m not sure they are capable unfortunately.
Nov 2019
11:38pm, 27 Nov 2019
22,934 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
The odds have to be in favour of a Tory win at the moment. If Johnson gets a 60-90 seat majority I fear for the future of the country. They will claim legitimacy to deliver the greatest act of national self-harm since Suez.

The only "bright spots" are that their bullshit will rapidly unravel and Johnson's unsuitability for office will also become quickly evident - assuming he even gets elected, which is, I think, in doubt anyway.

Labour would need to learn and adjust. If they don't they are out of office for 20 years.
Nov 2019
8:29am, 28 Nov 2019
18,977 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'll vote for the party that promises this:

Received this through my door yesterday, as if these are a bad thing!

Thing is, there was absolutely nothing on it suggesting any benefit for voting for the party that published and promoted the actual leaflet. Which, you'd think, after 9 years running the country, they might want to trumpet their achievements or something...
Nov 2019
8:29am, 28 Nov 2019
791 posts
  •  
Roberto
Had a disagreement with someone on my facebook. I've posted a few things about labour and had seen a few lib dems posts on my feed so made a post about the damage they have helped inflict by supporting tories.

Disagreement was around importance of tactical voting. Unfortunately, regardless of what swinson says about putting johnson in office, she has a more tory like voting record than a lot of tories. I dont trust her for a minute not to form a coalition with tories if needed. Johnson may have to make andeal around a peoples vote with her but I'm sure he would find a way to put no deal against his deal or something. I just cant trust lib dems.
jda
Nov 2019
8:38am, 28 Nov 2019
5,867 posts
  •  
jda
You may not be able to trust them as much as you'd like, but would you prefer a tory, to someone who you suspect might possibly work with the tories if they get sufficient concessions (a ref being the most obvious)? I don't see how that can be a sensible point of view.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.