Politics

16 lurkers | 212 watchers
Nov 2019
6:46pm, 26 Nov 2019
35,324 posts
  •  
Nellers
Is it just me or is “Would you like to apologise for the anti-semitism in your party?” Very similar to asking “When did you stop beating your wife?”
Nov 2019
6:53pm, 26 Nov 2019
10,156 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
That reminds me, an elderly man came in to the library I work in to ask who the candidates were standing in Aberdeen South because he hadn't had any leaflets through his door! He had no computer or smart phone. I said that may be partly because of Ross Thompson standing down. There are only 4 candidates, tory, lib dem, labour, and snp. Guessing the green stood aside to support snp. I was surprised he hadn't had anything though. We've had all the leaflets here in West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine.

Has anyone received their postal vote form yet? shanksi is going to be in Newcastle with work so applied for a postal vote but not received anything yet. He did get a polling card for voting here though.
Nov 2019
6:54pm, 26 Nov 2019
42,740 posts
  •  
Diogenes
My Mum has
Nov 2019
6:56pm, 26 Nov 2019
10,157 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Dio does she always get a postal vote? It's shanksi's first time. Maybe it takes longer the first time?
Nov 2019
7:03pm, 26 Nov 2019
42,741 posts
  •  
Diogenes
This is Mum’s first too
Nov 2019
7:04pm, 26 Nov 2019
42,742 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Actually, I may be wrong, it may just have been confirmation that her request for a postal vote has been accepted. I’ll check tomorrow when I visit.
Nov 2019
7:04pm, 26 Nov 2019
20,082 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
My first postal vote, not got anything yet.

Closing date for registration is midnight tonight, so expecting sometime after that.
J2R
Nov 2019
7:33pm, 26 Nov 2019
2,411 posts
  •  
J2R
Nellers, it could, and should, be phrased differently from that, which would avoid this particular problem. "Your party has been accused of being institutionally anti-semitic. What would you say in response to these accusations, and if you agree there is some truth to them, would you care to apologise to those affected?". Something like that.

Of course, Corbyn would just mess that up anyway, because he's utterly bloody useless. He is the worst Labour leader ever, desperately poor at a time when someone even half competent would be wiping the floor with the Conservatives. I'm not convinced he, personally, is anti-semitic, but his whole miserably inadequate response to the anti-semitism issue is evidence of how spectacularly poor he is as a party leader. This should have been killed off ages ago, instead of being allowed to fester.
Nov 2019
7:57pm, 26 Nov 2019
723 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Mrs S, perhaps the Tories have given up on Aberdeen South? I’m in marginal Stirling & have had loads of stuff from them for the recycle bin.
Nov 2019
8:04pm, 26 Nov 2019
2,043 posts
  •  
fraggle
Mr Frag got his postal vote pack last week

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.