•  
Mouseytongue
^^ Yes! :-)
Nov 2019
3:58pm, 26 Nov 2019
6,942 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
I guess with social media / camera phones evidence is easier to track down and harder to erase.
Nov 2019
4:06pm, 26 Nov 2019
722 posts
  •  
Ally-C
I’ve a local Tory councillor that was suspended two years ago for using a derogatory name for Catholics & joked that all Catholics are peadophiles.

He’s still there. But in Scotland that’s acceptable.
Nov 2019
4:23pm, 26 Nov 2019
35,323 posts
  •  
Nellers
TMW, is it that there is more action against Anti-semitism in the Labour party which grabs attention, whereas it tends to only get any action in the Tory party if it's publicised and they get caught out? Kind of like drugs in cycling. It went on for years but the press only really shouted about it when the testing started catching people, which was actually a sign that the situation was being addressed and work was being done to resolve things.
Nov 2019
4:30pm, 26 Nov 2019
6,943 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
More people are looking for it certainly.

I’d imagine the typical Labour candidate / activist is more active and vocal on social media than the typical Tory as well.
Nov 2019
5:05pm, 26 Nov 2019
22,931 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I get the impression that the blonde buffoon hasn't got a scooby about social media, hence why he is quite happy to let his team run amok with their campaigns of disinformation and deception.

I think it's also apparent that he hasn't got a clue about environmental issues either, which is why C4 may be about to "empty chair" him in the environmental debate on thursday. I imagine he would be massively exposed in all his ignorance and ridiculousness if he turned up and that's why he decided to give it a miss.

This will not go down well with the youth. It's hardly what we are looking for in a PM either, although my personal impression is that a typical hardcore, Johnson-supporting fossil could barely give 0.0001 of a fuck about climate change.
Nov 2019
5:09pm, 26 Nov 2019
15,529 posts
  •  
Chrisull
One LibDem candidate was also dropped last week for being anti-semitic too.
J2R
Nov 2019
5:23pm, 26 Nov 2019
2,410 posts
  •  
J2R
Probably a controversial opinion, but I suspect for the majority of voters, Labour's supposed anti-semitism is a non-issue. That is to say, the majority of people probably don't actually give a toss about the anti-semitism issue per se, unless they are Jewish themselves. But what they probably do give a toss about, or can be persuaded to give a toss about, is the apparent hypocrisy of a set of politicians talking about anti-racism but turning a blind eye to shortcomings within their own party.
Nov 2019
5:40pm, 26 Nov 2019
58,783 posts
  •  
swittle
One of the dangers inherent in social media: independent.co.uk
Nov 2019
6:37pm, 26 Nov 2019
1,639 posts
  •  
JRitchie
Ryan Houghton Aberdeen North Tory candidate remover last week for alleged anti Semitic remarks 7years ago on an on line forum (perhaps a forum not too dissimilar to this). Those allegations are under investigation.

Meanwhile Aberdeen South Tory MP Ross Thomson (locally referred to as SNP gain) stood down last month (I think) after labour male MP alleges he was groped by Ross.

Visit Aberdeen.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.