Oasis

9 watchers
26 Aug
9:08am, 26 Aug 2024
12,800 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Seen Bluetones and Shed Seven @TROSaracen, enjoyed both but were at smaller venues.
26 Aug
9:21am, 26 Aug 2024
1,890 posts
  •  
Akie
TROSaracen wrote:Has anyone seen an old favourite band of theirs on a reunion tour?

Quite a few of the bands I liked when I was 20 have done 10th anniversary tours of their most popular albums. Most were still good tbf (Maximo Park, The Gaslight Anthem).

I live close to Heaton Park so if the reports of the Manchester gigs being there then its tempting to go as I could just walk down. Getting tickets and dealing with the other attendees is the issue.
26 Aug
9:25am, 26 Aug 2024
191 posts
  •  
Joe1970
Bluetones have new stuff coming out, they're still great. And Shed Seven are good fun too. I saw Peter Hook doing Joy Division last year and he was pretty decent as well, I hadn't seen those songs live before so it was cool for me, which is why I won't be too offended by my son wanting to see Oasis.
Pulp reunion was cool last year, again taking a britpop loving kid to that and seeing it through his eyes was excellent.
26 Aug
10:06am, 26 Aug 2024
12,801 posts
  •  
Joopsy
I wouldn't be offended by anyone wanting see Oasis @Joe1970 , it's just just for me. In the same way The Stone Roses weren't.
26 Aug
11:48am, 26 Aug 2024
3,857 posts
  •  
Fitz
Not for me. I was at one of the Knebworth gigs so feel happy with that. Noel’s solo stuff is ok, have seen him a few times, always decent. Liam is an insufferable cock.

Stone Roses reunion at Heaton Park was epic. The whole weekend, the people I was with, the clubs, the gig itself - fabulous.

As for reunions or still-going bands… James are excellent, still put out good new music, mix it up live rather than trotting out the same old nostalgia set. Love New Order but they slightly phone it in these days. Hooky and The Light usually play an entire JD/NO album or two, really very good. Billy Bragg always excellent but I get that he is musical marmite. Have seen Bunnymen twice recently - merely ok.

Love LCD Soundsystem but feel they should have kept their word when they ended first time around. Newer stuff can’t hold a candle to the MkI material.
26 Aug
11:58am, 26 Aug 2024
4,928 posts
  •  
phal
I went to Knebworth as well, Fitz.
I don’t think I’d see them again as the ticket prices will be astronomical at a guess and the rest of the audience could be ‘interesting’.

We’ve seen Divine Comedy since they got back together/reformed and they’re brilliant.

And the Libertines…. They’ve split up more times than you can count - got tickets for the gig they did in Coventry Catherdral and Terry Hall came out to join them to do some Specials stuff.

I had to make do with seeing Ian Brown with his band (awful) and the Seahorses to be able to see John Squire…. Closest I could get to Stone Roses!
26 Aug
11:59am, 26 Aug 2024
4,929 posts
  •  
phal
Supergrass were bloody fabulous too touring as an anniversary thingy.
26 Aug
12:04pm, 26 Aug 2024
28,034 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I doubt I’ll remember much of it being so drunk and coked up. Will have to video it on the phone so I can watch it properly the next morning

That pretty much describes a co-worker's night at Inspiral Carpets a couple of weeks ago.

Reformed bands who were great: Girlschool. Simplistic stuff, but catchy and the band were having so much fun it was completely infectious. Again, a small venue, up close (King Tut's).
26 Aug
12:04pm, 26 Aug 2024
4,562 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Pretty sure they've been planning this for years, and just monitoring demand to maximise earning potential.
26 Aug
8:17pm, 26 Aug 2024
27,288 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I remember when they played Murrayfield and it was awful

My kids primary school which is in the shadows of the stadium had to close for the day.

My cycle home was extremely dangerous due to the bampots

There was plenty anti social behaviour all around

Good luck to residents around wherever they play. I hope they don’t play Murrayfield.

About This Thread

Maintained by Joopsy