Oasis

5 lurkers | 9 watchers
26 Aug
8:26pm, 26 Aug 2024
1,120 posts
  •  
Scorge
fairly ambivalent (i'm in the 'first two albums good and the rest is junk' camp) but other half is oasis-daft so no doubt we will be on ticketmaster trying to contribute to the noel gallagher divorce fund. no way i'd be going into the standing section though.
26 Aug
8:30pm, 26 Aug 2024
28,284 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
Peter Hook and the Light are great, although Love will tear us apart as a fist pumping terrace anthem grates a bit.

I saw the Joy Division Ochestrated show in 2022, really astonishing, one of the best things I’ve ever seen. Moved me to tears on more than one occasion.
26 Aug
8:35pm, 26 Aug 2024
67,697 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I saw him doing LWTUA on YouTube and thought that might be difficult to swallow live. Ceremony is probably the one that would do for me, I’d be in a proper state
26 Aug
8:40pm, 26 Aug 2024
1,123 posts
  •  
Scorge
[i noticed NO were playing saturday past but didn't give it any thought, and they're one of my favourite bands. almost the same set they played at heaton park in my first post-covid gig so guessing i missed very little. they're just a bit too safe, whereas hooky solo was a much more raw/visceral experience when i went.]
26 Aug
9:03pm, 26 Aug 2024
28,285 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
Hooky I think takes the songs towards the un-Hannetised JD live sound. They sound great, although he’s not the greatest singer.

The orchestrated shows (which had Peter Hook s as bd the Light, as well as various vocalists and the full orchestra) bring the emotion of the words out and the orchestration added a lot. Quite a few of the songs were slowed down. The emotional gut punch was very powerful.

A beautiful rework of New Dawn Fades, and the Eternal/Decades double whammy had me in a proper mess🤣🤣
26 Aug
9:06pm, 26 Aug 2024
6,285 posts
  •  
paulcook
Scorge wrote:[i noticed NO were playing saturday past but didn't give it any thought, and they're one of my favourite bands. almost the same set they played at heaton park in my first post-covid gig so guessing i missed very little. they're just a bit too safe, whereas hooky solo was a much more raw/visceral experience when i went.]

I saw New Order at Reading in 1998 - the crowd noticeably older for much of what I went to watch, Page and Plant aside. I'm kind of stunned to hear they're still playing nearly 30 years later.
26 Aug
9:10pm, 26 Aug 2024
183 posts
  •  
stevieg
Windsor Wool wrote:I doubt I’ll remember much of it being so drunk and coked up. Will have to video it on the phone so I can watch it properly the next morning.

There was me wondering what thread deviant had written this and slightly disappointed it's you (hopefully) doing some satire :-)
26 Aug
9:19pm, 26 Aug 2024
12,802 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Just looked at the ticket stub from 97 at Earls.Court. It cost £19 to see them supported by The Verve.
26 Aug
9:24pm, 26 Aug 2024
6,286 posts
  •  
paulcook
Haha. Did similar to find the headliner list for Reading. £75 for the full weekend camping ticket. Seems incredibly cheap now.
27 Aug
8:47am, 27 Aug 2024
12,803 posts
  •  
Joopsy
My youngest here is very excited, she will definitely be going. I have told her to wait for a midweek gig to be announced but I don't think she will be in for waiting.

About This Thread

Maintained by Joopsy