New Fetch Game: Hide and Seek

1 lurker | 141 watchers
Jun 2023
9:35pm, 2 Jun 2023
40 posts
  •  
Runningbear21
I did register before I ran, I've also added a run today and picked a route from my list that is in the grid and that's not showing either. Do they show up immediately or do they appear the next day!
Jun 2023
9:39pm, 2 Jun 2023
6,116 posts
  •  
Oscar the Grouch
I suspect it depends when Fetch runs the program.
Jun 2023
9:48pm, 2 Jun 2023
3,164 posts
  •  
tipsku
I added a short run and a walk on grid today and they showed up immediately. So I think it's something else. Which device did you use to record your runs? I looked at both runs in your training log and I get an elevation profile for the first run but not the second. Did the GPS malfunction?
Jun 2023
10:43pm, 2 Jun 2023
23,558 posts
  •  
Meglet
Maybe drop a feedback to Fetch so he can check?
Jun 2023
6:17am, 3 Jun 2023
41 posts
  •  
Runningbear21
The run I added yesterday was a dummy run just to see if I could get this to work so I just picked one of my saved routes. The run from Thursday was uploaded from my Garmin, neither are showing on my hide map this morning so I think I'm going to have to ask Fetch
Jun 2023
8:32am, 3 Jun 2023
23,559 posts
  •  
Meglet
Did you actually run it on Thursday? It won’t count any you ran in the previous month.
Jun 2023
11:59am, 3 Jun 2023
194 posts
  •  
Evan
Runningbauble21 try setting your home position again in Hide and Seek under settings. You have to pick the location and then click "save your home point" and make sure the page reloads after you do. Sometimes "save your home point" can be hard to click. I vaguely remember it not working until I did this once, even though it is more or less able to figure out where I was and center my map.
Jun 2023
2:13pm, 3 Jun 2023
18,983 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
It's possible that it doesn't work on saved routes but only on actual uploads of a run from your watch. Some of the other games (WSW) work like that, I think, while others don't (conquercise).
Jun 2023
3:39pm, 3 Jun 2023
7,390 posts
  •  
westmoors
I believe this is a GPS game so only training recorded with a GPS device gets included.
Jun 2023
3:58pm, 3 Jun 2023
42 posts
  •  
Runningbear21
Ok well I've given up, I registered and set my home, then I uploaded a run from my watch and it didn't appear. So I have tried resetting my home point but still no runs in June. The dummy run didn't show and has now been deleted. I'm going to leave the game and return in a few days and see if I can get it to work then and if not then I'm just going to cry in a corner on my own 😉 nobody is ever going to find me though so I will be the permanent winner 🤣🤣🤣

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Here's the barebones of the new game:

fetcheveryone.com/hideandseek.php

How it works
The game generates a big three mile square with you at the centre. The square is cut into a grid of 1600 smaller squares.

During any given, unlock as many squares from your grid as possible (C19 permitting) by visiting them during your training. These are the places where you can 'hide'. Before the month is up, you must choose one of these squares as your hiding place.

When the first game kicks off (1st of the month), a lone seeker must start finding people, by visiting the squares. When someone is found, they become a seeker too. The seekers can then collaborate to flush out the hiders, and a growing army of seekers hunt down the final hiders.

The last person to be found will become the seeker for the following month.

IMPORTANT
I am still building the game. Keep following this thread for updates as I make them.