•  
Garfield
Nice! :)
Jun 2023
8:19am, 5 Jun 2023
4,437 posts
  •  
Curly45
We've discovered two potato plants in our veg patch so we will see if they produce anything edible 😂🥔

Going to harvest first lot of radishes in the next couple of days. Then plant out the next ones.
Jun 2023
1:06pm, 5 Jun 2023
3,923 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Front garden in June:

No mow June:
Jun 2023
1:21pm, 5 Jun 2023
104,311 posts
  •  
Hanneke
No mow June is looking amazing!
Jun 2023
1:21pm, 5 Jun 2023
37,397 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I have my first Courgettes, the cucumbers are appearing and it's been do sunny that I have fed and watered the alliums numerous times and they will be ready for harvesting very soon....the cabbages are ready to take their place! Successions of lettuce ready too.
Jun 2023
2:05pm, 5 Jun 2023
18,986 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
Very nice jacdaw.

We had a touch of frost over the weekend - had to cover the courgettes and a few other things overnight. Very dry on the dales - a month since it's rained.
3M
Jun 2023
5:18pm, 5 Jun 2023
21,394 posts
  •  
3M
Very oddly - most of my French beans have failed to germinate. Both those in pots and in the soil. I wonder whether they're just slow....or gone completely dead? I've been watering since it's so dry! I'll have to take one up later to see, I think.

PSB and Calabrese both doing well. And my netting cage is doing a great job of keeping the pigepn out. Courgettes are nicely sprouting true leaves...albeit I planted them a bit later than intended.

But I do have cucumbers on the cucumber plants! Trusses of flowers on the tomato plants, too.
Jun 2023
9:00pm, 5 Jun 2023
29,107 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Excellent work, Jacdaw :) looks like you have a nice amount of space tomplay with.
Jun 2023
9:24pm, 5 Jun 2023
22,947 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I’ve taken over an allotment, so seeing how the first year goes with the previous owner’s established stuff. It’s slow progress clearing as it’s so overgrown, so just firefighting at the moment and trying to help established things breathe.

Harvesting globe artichokes at the moment - delicious! Got various currants coming on. Fruit starting to form - apples, pears, figs, cherries. There are also 4 grapevines and I’m going to train one over the shed I put up. It’s bramble and bindweed-tastic on site, so keeping everything back until I can dig out brambles in the winter and get a proper handle on the bindweed. Then there’s the many, many couch grass tussocks. Sigh.
Jun 2023
9:25pm, 5 Jun 2023
22,948 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I’ve also planted some strawbs, oregano, raspberries donated by allotment neighbour, methi, coriander, chives and fennel.

Hoping to get round to beans (runner or French) as I love them.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
A wire about gardening.