Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

1 lurker | 169 watchers
Aug 2011
5:51pm, 28 Aug 2011
5,712 posts
  •  
runner duck
that's fantastic, fraggle!

i always fancy quilting (maybe i just have a thing about bed-coverings!) but i reckon i need to find my way round a sewing machine first!
Aug 2011
5:54pm, 28 Aug 2011
30,963 posts
  •  
LorraineS
quilt by hand?
Aug 2011
5:55pm, 28 Aug 2011
5,714 posts
  •  
runner duck
do you? i always assumed you'd use a machine
Aug 2011
5:56pm, 28 Aug 2011
30,964 posts
  •  
LorraineS
you can do either
Aug 2011
5:56pm, 28 Aug 2011
30,965 posts
  •  
LorraineS
or both
Aug 2011
6:01pm, 28 Aug 2011
5,715 posts
  •  
runner duck
aaaah i see. a mixture of the two sounds good. i'll go on a course one day...

i quite fancy the craft fair. although how i'd manage not to spend ridiculous amounts of money i don't know!
Aug 2011
6:15pm, 28 Aug 2011
7,920 posts
  •  
Girlie
RD- A fab friend bought me Cookie A's Sock Innovations book for my birthday, I'm knitting my way through it.

I've got an album of the ones completed so far on FB. facebook.com
Laughing Yaffle is fab- She only dyes small lots of each wool, I'm collecting it to knit the Sock book with:-)

V-Rap- I keep getting the yarn out of the bag to cuddle as it's lovely and a nice treat.

HB- I agree in the lack of decent wool shops round here, I would love to open my own and have sofas and stuff where people could come and chill and knit:-)
Socks are easy once you get started, I use 2 circulars though as I find DPs too fiddly.
Aug 2011
6:18pm, 28 Aug 2011
5,717 posts
  •  
runner duck
oooh they are lovely socks, girlie. love the stripey ones.
Aug 2011
6:21pm, 28 Aug 2011
7,922 posts
  •  
Girlie
The ones already done aren't in Yaffle, I'm hoping to complete my first pair tonight, pics to follow.
The darker ones were for Dad, the pattern doesn't show up as well in the photo, so I will have to knit another pair at some point in a more colourful yarn!

I love this and its completely logical to me:-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmtGmTS8__k
Aug 2011
6:28pm, 28 Aug 2011
32,444 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Oooh hello everyone. Grid pointed me in the direction of this thread. :)

Currently crocheting a blanket for Eggbert. Recently done a load of squares for another blanket.

Also enjoy knitting but finding crochet nicer as it's loads quicker for me. Done cross stitch a plenty in the past and also card making :)

Going to enjoy chatting about crafty stuff with you lot :) posting on phone just now. But when I'm on the computer I'll link to things I've recently made :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557