Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

1 lurker | 169 watchers
31 Aug
3:23pm, 31 Aug 2024
3,847 posts
  •  
panad
So when you pick up the stitches for the sleeves you then knit down the length of the sleeve until it’s x inches/cms? If so, what i’m thinking would definitely work.

Could you add a photo/screenshot of that part of your pattern? Then I should be able to give you a specific example.
31 Aug
3:27pm, 31 Aug 2024
57,310 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Yeah it’s pick up stitches and knit 4 rows! Literally that!
Which was why I was thinking I could just keep going and decrease but I wasn’t sure how!

Is shoulder to elbow the same the taper after? I’d be doing the arm in 1 piece so I guess use a marker for the “seem” and reduce by 1 stitch each side of the marker?

The do a rib cuff?

Oh this is quite exciting!

I know vrap just does jumpers off the top of her head but I’ve never done anything without pattern
31 Aug
6:11pm, 31 Aug 2024
3,848 posts
  •  
panad
Yes, exactly that - patterns usually have you knit a stitch immediately before/after the marker, with the decrease being the 2nd and 3rd stitches after/before the marker - makes it a bit neater. The beauty of the sleeve being knit from the top after the rest of the top has been done is you can try it on and modify your taper as you go if necessary, and also personalise to your arms/how much ease you want..
31 Aug
6:29pm, 31 Aug 2024
57,318 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Cool
31 Aug
6:41pm, 31 Aug 2024
57,321 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I now have to sort my stash! Unlike the last 2 this won’t be a solid colour
9 Sep
8:00pm, 9 Sep 2024
57,476 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Tried to get into my Dropbox for patterns but I’ve lost the details again!

Doh!

Anyone?
9 Sep
9:17pm, 9 Sep 2024
57,480 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
However I’ve found the pattern I was after so I’m happy!
10 Sep
4:25pm, 10 Sep 2024
3,500 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
I made a lovely baby hat for a neighbour, but forgot to take a picture before giving it to them. Doh!

It had two Latvian braids, which were new to me, but will probably find their way into future hats, as they're so pretty and easy!
10 Sep
4:29pm, 10 Sep 2024
57,502 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
You’ll have to ask for a picture!
10 Sep
4:40pm, 10 Sep 2024
3,501 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
We were joking that it probably won't fit the baby until the weather warms up next year!

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557