•  
Gus
Purpose where is the uv reactive fabric from, appeals to my inner child
Sep 2020
7:57pm, 4 Sep 2020
18,539 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Hoping to get a fluffy puddy cat to join the family.

We have leather sofas so I thought .... knit a cover or even locate sewing machine and do a quilt

And suggestions? Views or opinions (well excited at getting a cat!)

I’m thinking DK will be fine and easy to wash. A chevron blanket should be ok? Thinking less gaps to get claws caught in?
Sep 2020
12:31pm, 5 Sep 2020
262 posts
  •  
The Pin Lady
Whatever you choose, you can be sure the cat will ignore it! They just seem to be made that way. Looking forward to pics of new family member.
Sep 2020
12:39pm, 5 Sep 2020
18,542 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Haha very true
Especially if there is a box about
Sep 2020
4:53pm, 5 Sep 2020
4,202 posts
  •  
Cyclops
My cats love the crocheted blankets. Made in Stylecraft Special DK which is cheap, washable and seem to survive claws very well. The pattern doesn't seem to matter too much - I've got neat ripples, granny squares and a dune blanket from Attic24.
Sep 2020
5:17pm, 5 Sep 2020
34,238 posts
  •  
LorraineS
our cats haven't bothered the leather sofa so you might not need a cover
Sep 2020
7:52pm, 5 Sep 2020
6,874 posts
  •  
sallykate
We found that with kittens a blanket was pretty useless at protecting a leather sofa. They didn’t scratch it on purpose but in their running around they pulled it a bit and left marks.

A thick quilted one might do the trick. We were renting and not supposed to have cats so the landlord wasn’t happy!

If it’s an adult cat you’d probably be ok.
Sep 2020
8:37pm, 5 Sep 2020
38,242 posts
  •  
Purps
Gus, I got it in a remnant sale from Harvey Jacobs, had't seen it on the website before that. `
Gus
Sep 2020
8:02am, 6 Sep 2020
1,711 posts
  •  
Gus
Cheers, Purps I’ll have a search online but there are so many fabric shops to choose from
Sep 2020
8:06am, 6 Sep 2020
38,244 posts
  •  
Purps
I love caboodle for Jersey. The above mentioned store has slipped down my ratings for a couple of issues, nothing major, but unless it's something really awesome that I can't get elsewhere I'm not using them much if at all.

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557