FOOTBALL

161 watchers
Nov 2021
12:39pm, 21 Nov 2021
2,342 posts
  •  
GeneHunt59
Been to Spurs many a time, but the best match I have attended, (not for quality) was Harlow Town knocking out Leicester City, (inc. one Gary Lineker) in the third round of the FA cup back in 1981.
Nov 2021
12:41pm, 21 Nov 2021
52,837 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I went to see Forest play with a mate in Nottingham. I probably paid for the ticket too. I’ve done far worse things in my life
Nov 2021
12:46pm, 21 Nov 2021
11,177 posts
  •  
Joopsy
I’ve never done anything worse than pay to watch Forest if they aren’t playing United.

Shame on you DT.
Nov 2021
12:50pm, 21 Nov 2021
3,656 posts
  •  
gcwenn
I *had* to drink tea from a Norwich mug at my parents yesterday, they are both Canary fans!

I would disown my son if they supported your lot FR!!!!

I live just outside of Macclesfield now and used to go and watch the "mighty silkmen" most weeks when not watching Norwich. They became my second team. I even went to Wembley to watch them in the FA trophy against York.
Lower league football can certainly be a far better experience than the prem/championship football for friendliness
Nov 2021
12:55pm, 21 Nov 2021
24,269 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
Spent a lot of my youth going to neutral games, back in the 80s when even for big games you just had to pitch up early enough and pay on the gate.

Basically when West Ham were away and out of London we’d pick another game - usually the biggest and feistiest on offer.

The tube map was our playground and you could get anywhere for 20p as a u16 under Livingstone’s Fare’s Fair scheme. Dangerous, edgy but bloody exciting for 13-15 year olds. Loved it.
Nov 2021
1:00pm, 21 Nov 2021
743 posts
  •  
The Mussile
Watford have ruined it for everyone 😒. Ole was doing a perfect job
Nov 2021
1:06pm, 21 Nov 2021
11,178 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Sounds ideal TRO. Before I was allowed to get the bus to Old Trafford I used to alternate between Rotherham, Donny, Mansfield and Chesterfield. I had some mates who were Wednesday fans but I’d only go in the away end at Hillsborough.
Nov 2021
1:12pm, 21 Nov 2021
32,410 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
We used to do the same when I had my season ticket at Arsenal, because of where we lived and the trains, Watford, buses QPR, very occasionally just to see what it was like down there, Millwall and CHarlton, never Chelsea or West Ham as we would see them (on the odd occasions they were in the top division). Oddly, never Brentford.
Nov 2021
1:12pm, 21 Nov 2021
64,563 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Three of my mates were West Ham supporters and I went to three Hammers games with them, usually because we were doing something afterwards in London.

The weirdest one was watching Wimbledon v West Ham at Selhurst Park. I didn’t enjoy that at all.
Nov 2021
1:15pm, 21 Nov 2021
32,411 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Ah Wimbledon, they hardly registered, I Only ever went there once, Arse won 5-1 from memory, and that might have been their cup winning team, very old school plough lane, at a time when every thing was still old school.

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Ah, the beautiful game, remember that? Let's put down some jumpers and have a socially-distanced kickabout. Long shots only, and no hugging and kissing.