FOOTBALL

1 lurker | 161 watchers
Nov 2021
11:04am, 21 Nov 2021
7,349 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
Joopsy, that is what people are suggesting on other social media platforms.
Nov 2021
11:07am, 21 Nov 2021
3,655 posts
  •  
gcwenn
Great post, gcwenn. Like that. And to make you chuckle, in my new job I sit next to a Norwich City season ticket. I expect friendly 'banter' on Monday morning.

Careful FR, can't have the pride of anglia and Ipshit agreeing!!
Nov 2021
11:08am, 21 Nov 2021
21,256 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Trip to hampden today for me my dad and my son. It’s days like this that make being a supporter worthwhile. Sadly less than 10k hibs fans are going yet if we make the final there will be demand for three times as many tickets
Nov 2021
11:09am, 21 Nov 2021
2,028 posts
  •  
stuart little
Loving this chat.

Grew up as a Villa fan, and former season ticket holder, but have always been a fan of football generally - if the villa weren't at home and it wasn't one of a handful of away games, I'd be at Walsall/Tamworth/ Sutton Town games. These days I get to a handful of villa games, but both kids are showing some interest, so that'll go up!

When I moved to York in 2000, it looked like the opportunity to see league football was about to vanish, so started going regularly, they stayed up, and I was hooked. Now though, I often wish I wasn't!
Nov 2021
11:33am, 21 Nov 2021
21,418 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
Sad to see little Ole go; which just goes to show even if you beat Southampton 9 -nil it ultimately means nothing.

Have always loved the Real vs Plastic fans debate. Not wanting to extend a pointless dispute but my thoughts are:
Just because you watched a game live doesn't give you an unrebuttable opinion on your own team's performance etc.
Most games I have been to at Anfield have been slightly ruined by the wankers sat near me. Best games in terms of fun were mostly with Watford watching with friends.

I am defo plastic. I love Liverpool but my first thought every day is not how I can ticket to the next match. Plus I do not own a Liverpool branded duvet.

My acid test for friends who support other teams is whether they will drink tea from a Liverpool mug.
Nov 2021
12:03pm, 21 Nov 2021
11,175 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Haha. Ruined by wankers at Anfield. Who’d have thought?

I ain’t drinking from that cup fool.
Nov 2021
12:04pm, 21 Nov 2021
7,350 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
I *had* to drink tea from a Norwich mug at my parents yesterday, they are both Canary fans!
Nov 2021
12:09pm, 21 Nov 2021
7,597 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Going to matches as a neutral is interesting although you don't get into the game as much as if you were supporting your own team.

I twice went in the away end for a couple of Charlton matches when they played at Selhurst Park. Both matches were awful and I sensed that I was not the only Palace fan there complaining of the lack of quality football on show.

A schoolfriend invited me on four occasions to go to Fulham when they were at the bottom of what is now the Championship. The supporters near me were quite friendly despite relegation being inevitable.

Since my brother moved to Sussex (a Palace fan), he goes to watch Burgess Hill Town and, since he got married, Worthing as it is nearer to his current home. I went to one BHT game - an FA Cup tie against Dartford. The football wasn't brilliant but it was a fairly decent and inexpensive Saturday afternoon at a game.
Nov 2021
12:14pm, 21 Nov 2021
11,176 posts
  •  
Joopsy
I’d refuse it Fenners. As I did at Chiefs house.
Nov 2021
12:34pm, 21 Nov 2021
6,868 posts
  •  
bigleggy
I've refused to drink from Liverpool mugs. I always will. I'd rather go thirsty.

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Ah, the beautiful game, remember that? Let's put down some jumpers and have a socially-distanced kickabout. Long shots only, and no hugging and kissing.