Fetch track meet - Tamworth - Sat 26th Oct

17 watchers
23 Oct
9:40pm, 23 Oct 2024
71,594 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
They have bacon butties but I suspect that's not your thing, hellen.
23 Oct
10:33pm, 23 Oct 2024
21,919 posts
  •  
Gooner
@hellen Unfortunately, I have only ever got cake and coffee I think so not sure but what I can gather from a few months old, blurry pic on Google maps, they do your usual breakfast fare (sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, toms, beans, black pudding, all available as sarnies, toast) as well as chips, normal sarnies and hot dogs or cheeseburgers. I seem to remember seeing flapjacks too.
23 Oct
10:39pm, 23 Oct 2024
15,091 posts
  •  
hellen
Thankyou, toast and beans would be nice or just toast!
23 Oct
10:43pm, 23 Oct 2024
21,925 posts
  •  
Gooner
Beans and 2 toast is £2.90 unless their prices have changed or my guess at pixelated imagery is incorrect :)
24 Oct
9:08am, 24 Oct 2024
3,200 posts
  •  
run-forest-run
I'll be taking in Conkers parkrun first.... although not my nearest I'm on a quest to get to 500 all at the same parkrun. Will be at the track for 12:00 :-)
24 Oct
10:13pm, 24 Oct 2024
15,092 posts
  •  
hellen
Can I check a few things please re park run

1. Is parking easy or do I need to get there early?
2. What’s the toilet situation?

3. Can I leave a bag with drink and jacket at start/finish?
4. I note the age group record for my age is 21.34. I’m currently running around 20.30 on a flat course without too many obsticals. What are my chances of the age group record,
24 Oct
10:37pm, 24 Oct 2024
71,615 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I expect eL Bee! will be holding coats at parkrun, hellen. And if you get away promptly at the start that age group record is up for grabs.

(Not sure about the rest, we just walked across the road from the Travelodge last time.)
24 Oct
10:45pm, 24 Oct 2024
15,094 posts
  •  
hellen
Poor Elbee having to hold coats! Is he not running?

I will check the results for the last few weeks as don’t want to be starting too near the front for my time.
24 Oct
10:58pm, 24 Oct 2024
71,616 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
eL Bee! isn't running at the moment. He's there for the café :)
24 Oct
11:56pm, 24 Oct 2024
1,523 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
@hellen

1. The best parking close by is the Jolly Sailor carpark. If you're coming from the A5, when you get to the roundabout with the Premier Inn, go to the left of that and follow the road round some bends to the end, where the carpark entrance is. The pay machines have all been broken since forever, so it's free. Two minute walk, over the footbridge and keep walking, and you'll be at the parkrun start.
2. The loos have queues. They are individual 'rooms' where you have those automated soap-wash-dry machines, so everyone takes ages. It's probably quicker to go to Ventura Park Sainsburys or Asda which are to the left and right of the main road off the A5 into Tamworth, 2 minutes drive from parkrun.
3. If eL Bee is overloaded with coats people do leave stuff at the start, but the carpark is so close that it's probably more secure to leave stuff locked in your car there and you can nip back really quickly to pick it up (particularly if you can run a 20:30 5k).
4. Probably. There are some tight bends which will slow you down, and a bit of a hill about 3 quarters round (it's 2 laps), but it's mostly fairly flat.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gooner
Come one, come all! After a little procrastination on my part, the Fetch meet in Tamworth is on. The track is booked for 12:00 - 14:00 allowing time for Tamworth Castle Grounds parkrun and a social coffee & cake before the event for those that want to. There is a little cafe at the parkrun that we used last time so hopefully they'll be able to accommodate us again. Spread the word, the more the merrier!

fetcheveryone.com/races/tamworth-fetch-meet-10329639

https://www.fetch...