Fetch Camper Vans

3 lurkers | 93 watchers
Sep 2023
4:56pm, 12 Sep 2023
25,819 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Off to Scotland tomorrow (via Durham). We’re off in the other direction. We’ve booked into a site near Porthtowan in Cornwall for our annual pasty fix 🤤

You’ll be close to where we are, ER. We will be having a pasty tomorrow I’m pretty sure, as long as the Jam Pot cafe has some
Sep 2023
6:34pm, 12 Sep 2023
40,030 posts
  •  
halfpint
Ally-C I am trying to visit islands. This trip is for the folk festival which I’ve done the last 2 years though. It won’t help the island count.
Sep 2023
6:38pm, 12 Sep 2023
4,126 posts
  •  
Ally-C
I try to do island races halfpint

Tbf, there could be worse places to visit.
Sep 2023
8:54pm, 12 Sep 2023
9,940 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
It took five hours driving time from Oxford to Porthtowan which is fairly standard.
However, it took three hours of walking, bussing and driving to collect our hire car from Truro and return to the campsite due to major roadworks impacting on rush hour traffic.

GimmeMedals are you planning a parkrun whilst you’re down here? I should be going to Heartlands 🤞
Sep 2023
9:05pm, 12 Sep 2023
25,823 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I can imagine the chaos those roadworks are causing, ER. It's Cone City isn't it. I'm not expecting to go to parkrun, though Heartlands sounds like a nice course. We don't tend to drive much once we are set up, as we have to pack everything away. We'll have a couple of days out - to St Ives and Marazion - on the days we need to do a grocery shop, but otherwise will just go walking or running from the campsite.
Sep 2023
9:10pm, 12 Sep 2023
9,942 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
[Sounds like a nice chilled plan GM 👍]
Sep 2023
12:17pm, 14 Sep 2023
9,949 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Having to cut our holiday short. Sherry had a fall last night resulting in a dislocated elbow. After a long night in A&E we’re just taking stock on deciding when to return home. Originally it would have been next Tuesday.
With her arm in plaster and feeling uncomfortable home is a better place to be than on a campsite in a motorhome.
Sep 2023
12:26pm, 14 Sep 2023
15,393 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Sorry to hear that Eynsham Red, I hope Sherry recovers well.
Sep 2023
1:20pm, 14 Sep 2023
17,345 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Eynsham Red knowing how painful my knee was when I dislocated it in France earlier this year, and the fact that the pain was worse for the few days after as the bruising came out, I would say home is best
Sep 2023
7:17pm, 14 Sep 2023
25,833 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Ouch. Home is probably the best place to be. Did you go to Truro hospital? Geoff scratched our motor home getting into the car park there when I fell and broke my hand a few years ago.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...