F'Laps 2024

115 watchers
2 Jul
11:55am, 2 Jul 2024
11,068 posts
  •  
minardi
I'll be uploading mine as individual entries (and I don't do the orange site so there is no one to confuse, bless them :-) )
2 Jul
1:22pm, 2 Jul 2024
5,214 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
@fetcheveryone do you need someone to test this passed 8 hours to make sure it doesn't break at that stage? or would you rather people test the late check in?
2 Jul
1:24pm, 2 Jul 2024
30,668 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I'm reasonably confident that either (a) it'll work past 8 hours, or (b) I can change the 8 to a bigger number on the fly. It shouldn't impact recording, only presentation.

So no, just the check in for testing, ta :-)
2 Jul
1:40pm, 2 Jul 2024
485 posts
  •  
theOtherRichard
The check in button now says [Completed it mate] even though I'm still "in". I thought it only did that yesterday when I was late checking in, i.e. no longer "in". Is that a deliberate change?
2 Jul
1:43pm, 2 Jul 2024
5,215 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
I can confirm that after I checked in for a 1 mile I am not able to check in for a longer distance, but when I checked in for 2 miles I was able to check in for 1 mile on the next checkin.

At some point later today I will try to remember to check in late and let you know if it prevents me.
2 Jul
1:43pm, 2 Jul 2024
30,669 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
It's still the same button. You're still using it to indicate that you've completed your lap :-)
2 Jul
1:47pm, 2 Jul 2024
30,670 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've also just amended the table so each distance is ordered by the most completed flaps.
2 Jul
1:50pm, 2 Jul 2024
3,301 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Confirming that I'm no longer able to check in late :)
2 Jul
4:28pm, 2 Jul 2024
5,216 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
Confirm that I'm too late to check in and there is no way to check in, just a nice message.
2 Jul
4:40pm, 2 Jul 2024
1,966 posts
  •  
Gromit
Me too 😂😂

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I thought it'd be good to have a thread for discussing F'Laps 2024 (Date 6th July 2024). Follow this thread if interested.

The Rules
1) You must run or walk your chosen distance (a choice of 4.167 miles, 5k, 2 miles or 1 mile) within each hour e.g. 9-9.59am, 10-10.59am, 11-11.59am.
2) Each participant must visit Fetch and hit the "Completed it mate!" link before the hour ends: fetcheveryone.com/flaps-checkin.php
3) If you're finding it too much, you can drop down to a shorter distance, or tap out.
4) The winner is the last person standing in each distance category.
5) You can participate on your own, or get together with other Fetchies.

Want to join in?
Please enter your estimates here, and if you want to form a gathering with others, add a location:

fetcheveryone.com/flaps.php

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.