Cricket Thread

4 lurkers | 107 watchers
15 Oct
12:21pm, 15 Oct 2024
31,158 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
It's the same pitch - and it's been doing a fair bit more.
15 Oct
3:03pm, 15 Oct 2024
6,710 posts
  •  
paulcook
England in action in a Test match, World Cup, and European Championship all on the same day. Rare stuff.
15 Oct
3:30pm, 15 Oct 2024
23,233 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Iirc, the European thing is a club championship.

Not strictly speaking "England"
15 Oct
3:38pm, 15 Oct 2024
6,711 posts
  •  
paulcook
I'm not sure but I think that's defunct. This is definitely an international tournament. It's still T10 though "only" an England XI, don't think any are pros, similarly with Netherlands. I don't know quite what the format is, because I caught a ridiculous match a couple of weeks ago, involving Greece or Estonia which was basically 6 every ball. Whatever the format, it's not really cricket.
15 Oct
7:11pm, 15 Oct 2024
10,737 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I have watched the European T10 thing over the last few years but completely forgot about it this time around. There is a club T10 at some point as well. I would give the latter a miss.

From memory, the England XI tends to be players who might make a rare outing for a county second XI. Apart from Scotland and the Netherlands, the other countries seem to predominantly Asian players who have moved to those countries for work purposes. Sadly, this does give the impression that the game has not seriously take off in mainland Europe with the lack of native players not reaching that potential.

If it hasn't changed much from previous years, the standard is pretty dire. Wayward bowling on an artificial wicket with every other ball flying over the short boundary.
15 Oct
7:38pm, 15 Oct 2024
23,234 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
What is the point of a 10over match.

(Outside junior structures)
jda
15 Oct
7:50pm, 15 Oct 2024
17,940 posts
  •  
jda
10 ten-ball overs could be good :-)
15 Oct
7:51pm, 15 Oct 2024
4,965 posts
  •  
phal
Women are out of the T20. Sounds like a not so good game today. Lots of drops.
15 Oct
7:54pm, 15 Oct 2024
6,712 posts
  •  
paulcook
Surrey Phil wrote:I have watched the European T10 thing over the last few years but completely forgot about it this time around.

Think it's on for the rest of the week. I initially caught some when I was off work ill 2 weeks ago and I was confused by the format then.

rf_fozzy wrote:What is the point of a 10over match. (Outside junior structures)

Quite. It was on more than anything else. One of the games I watched during the first stage, was nearly 6 every single ball. It reminded me of baseball's Home Run derby, which is to all intents and purposes a side show to a one-off side show match.
15 Oct
7:55pm, 15 Oct 2024
6,713 posts
  •  
paulcook
phal wrote:Women are out of the T20. Sounds like a not so good game today. Lots of drops.

Out-performed fairly majorly today.

I was surprised they were out so quickly and thought we must have done badly. No, it just seems the women's WC is much more efficient, imvho.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP