Conquercise

218 watchers
Sep 2021
8:55pm, 4 Sep 2021
2,200 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I guess that zone won't be taken off you for a while.
Sep 2021
9:12pm, 4 Sep 2021
31,308 posts
  •  
Sushi.
Nope. I thought that too.

Hoping to walk across Morconbe Bay too (though he next year now) Good chance I'll be first to explore those zones too.
Sep 2021
9:24pm, 4 Sep 2021
17,038 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Unlikely Sushi - there's been an 'across the bay' race for some years :)
Sep 2021
9:53pm, 4 Sep 2021
14,619 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
I've done both the guided walk across the bay, and the half marathon across the bay, so I have quite a few Morecambe Bay zones. The route is not exactly fixed from day to day though, so it's entirely possible that there are still unclaimed zones.
Sep 2021
9:55pm, 4 Sep 2021
14,620 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
Sep 2021
7:45am, 5 Sep 2021
49,429 posts
  •  
LindsD
That's v cool
Sep 2021
8:05am, 5 Sep 2021
31,316 posts
  •  
Sushi.
Cool.

Didn't know there was a race too.

I guess Walney to Piel is less well known.

It's not that far.

Piel Island is lovely and has a fascinating history.
Sep 2021
8:16am, 5 Sep 2021
14,625 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
I'd liked the idea of Lancashire across the sands as a child, and had always wanted to go across the bay, but it was ChrisHB posting about these zones on the thread that prompted me to enter the race (which was a fantastic experience) and then a year or two later to do the walk with my eighty-something in-laws, who'd similarly always wanted to do it.
Sep 2021
8:32am, 5 Sep 2021
5,225 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
Iโ€™ve done the HM too and you can really see what Cerre said there about the route being different day-2-day.

Heysham is my home town and around there the Morecambe Bay sand pilots are very well respected. Donโ€™t try it solo kids!

Sep 2021
8:58am, 5 Sep 2021
13,356 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
I went on a sheep roundup yesterday. How hard can it be? The farmer who invited me is no great athlete.

Turned out farmer who invited me had zero plans to go himself!

13 hours to hike 25km, crossing some absolutely terrifying gullies! Most roundups take half that time - either not so far or easier terrain. Apparently, I was seduced into one of the hardest ones. But we got the sheep home and I didn't screw it up.

Garmin lost the first km (user error) then the battery died about 14km round so I manually plotted the rest. It comes well under the total distance (what with all the ups and downs) but those zones were justly but very hard won.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPKoF
Come for a play:

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq.php

Here's a little explainer video. Just 90 seconds long. Please share it if you can.

https://youtu.be/Srig7-pl6pQ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.