Cats in Boxes

5 lurkers | 97 watchers
Feb 2022
8:05pm, 25 Feb 2022
9,019 posts
  •  
Raemond
TBF I'd have been impressed if the tubster had made it back to the first floor flat on his own.

Once I moved to Cardiff he had access to the garden and was fine getting back in through the kitchen window.
When we moved to NL we kept him inside for some amount of time, then we used to let him into the the garden and he made a local cat friend and they'd go off together for a bit then he'd come back.
Feb 2022
8:11pm, 25 Feb 2022
1,301 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
There was a time many years ago when a still-kitten-sized Jemima went out and managed to get herself stuck in next door's garden. I think they were asleep while I stood at 1am draping a blanket over the fence for her to climb up and back over.
Feb 2022
8:32pm, 25 Feb 2022
10,290 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
We didn't think Boba could leap a fence til he had a near miss with next door's dog. He came back to us like a rocket.

[Sorry Ndellar we're not helping]

Generally they have a pattern and you get used to it. Boba goes out to his secret location (no idea where) for an hour and a half after breakfast but Bib comes and goes snacking her way through her dry food for an hour or so. Of course they mix things up every now and again to keep us on our toes.
Feb 2022
9:28pm, 25 Feb 2022
9,020 posts
  •  
Raemond
Gaahhhhh just clocked all the typos in my first post... I blame the prosecco cocktails. Why no edit function?!

First sentence should read 'I share this story in no way to scare the guardian of a normal cat, just to reminisce about my late friend.'
'Nny was far from a normal cat. He was uniquely messed up and wonderful. And a complete dumbass.
Feb 2022
9:32pm, 25 Feb 2022
12,776 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I'm always impressed that Hester knows how to get from the front garden, back through about 3 other gardens to be able to come through her cat flap in the back door. She's also very good at getting down trees :-)
Feb 2022
9:40pm, 25 Feb 2022
872 posts
  •  
The Pin Lady
Pepper climbed out our bedroom window and into the veranda roof. She must have climbed down a tree and then got herself lost for 4 days. We had only had her less than 3 weeks and she hadn't been out at all. She got into the gardens behind us but didn't know how to get back. It was the call from our neighbour saying that she had seen the cat climbing through her hedge that meant I could go and rescue her.

She still loves climbing out the bedroom window but knows how to come back now!!
Feb 2022
10:07pm, 25 Feb 2022
86,255 posts
  •  
Hanneke
It took Lasya about 6 months of quivering by the open door before she ventured out.
Feb 2022
10:33am, 26 Feb 2022
1,585 posts
  •  
Ally-C
You looking at me?

CK2
Feb 2022
1:39pm, 26 Feb 2022
1,143 posts
  •  
CK2
Our two are indoor cats. Yesterday they both stole my office chair and I had to perch on the edge!

Feb 2022
7:24pm, 26 Feb 2022
86,280 posts
  •  
Hanneke

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!