ITG 🇮🇸
Perfect send off for Gizmo ❤️

So hard for you, Vixx, to lose your mum and Gizmo so close together xx
1 Apr
10:00am, 1 Apr 2024
6,522 posts
  •  
quimby
So sorry to hear about Gizmo. Hugs to you, Vixx.
1 Apr
1:34pm, 1 Apr 2024
2,130 posts
  •  
Vixx
Thank you everyone.

ITG - it sounds awful, but when Spike went, a few months before mom, I felt sad but knew I had to look out for Gizmo who I thought would be lonely after always being with his brother. Turns out Gizmo couldn't have given a s*** and loved being the cat of the house, guarding Mom becoming his main job.

Then Mom passed and he and I seemed to be of similar personalities (we joked that Spike was like Mom and Gizmo was like me), so for a while we just existed alongside each other. He made sure I was awake to feed him and let him roam in the garden when requested and I made sure he got what he wanted! Then about 6 months ago he started forcing himself into my space, initially just sleeping on my bed when I was in it (he preferred it to himself), then wanting to sleep on the sofa next to me. Finally, in the 3 months between Christmas and now he would force me to move the laptop from said lap in order to sit and lie on my lap and hand - several times a day if I was working from home. I joked that one of us was dying because this was very unusual behaviour as normally neither he nor I liked fuss.

It was time when he went - he wasn't himself and it was very sudden that his demeanour changed. I know I have done the right things, but it still is hurting. I am autistic so realistic that it was his time and the best thing to do for him and know that if I had left it until tomorrow when the vet opened I would be feeling much worse.
1 Apr
4:29pm, 1 Apr 2024
19,338 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Sorry for your loss Vixx

Whilst it seems everyone loves Jasmin Paris, the cat in her vet photo seems less than impressed

ed.ac.uk
1 Apr
6:20pm, 1 Apr 2024
2,135 posts
  •  
Vixx
NDWDave - that cat looks seriously unimpressed :)
1 Apr
7:09pm, 1 Apr 2024
17,581 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
I hope you find a way to fill the spaces, Vixx ❤️
1 Apr
7:41pm, 1 Apr 2024
2,136 posts
  •  
Vixx
Thank you ITG.

My neighbour asked if I would get another cat, but as my wife and I live in separate cities and said neighbour was helping look after him when I was away, I felt it was highly unfair to get another cat (or even 2), regardless of age. They would still need to get used to me, and their new home and it wouldn't feel right to be going away as I do (each or most weekends).

So I'll just have to admire other people's cats for now.
1 Apr
7:53pm, 1 Apr 2024
247 posts
  •  
DrMags
Cat tree
1 Apr
8:51pm, 1 Apr 2024
17,799 posts
  •  
Garfield
Excellent pic...thanks DrMags!
1 Apr
8:57pm, 1 Apr 2024
13,676 posts
  •  
sallykate
Aww that ginger and white is super happy!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!