Cats in Boxes

2 lurkers | 97 watchers
Dec 2023
2:00pm, 7 Dec 2023
202 posts
  •  
HazelnutCH
Azunia will refuse to go out the house door with us so someone will have to go back up one flight to the flat and let her in again. Then she rushes through the flat, down the cat stairs and past the Evil Cat in the Downstairs Flat (if lurking) and comes to greet us. It would be easier to go out of the house door I'm sure (other cats may also be lurking)

Favourite place for lurking under feet is of course the kitchen
jda
Dec 2023
2:02pm, 7 Dec 2023
16,042 posts
  •  
jda
We are up to 9 again temporarily at least, 3 more caught over the last couple of days and at the vets right now getting the snip. We'll probably keep the kittens to tame them up but the mother is definitely destined for an outdoor life. They were living right next to a chicken slaughterhouse so at least she'll never be hungry!
Dec 2023
3:15pm, 7 Dec 2023
4,614 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Our vet asked my wife the other day that if there’s any cats they need to re-home would we consider. We’ll see what happens.
Dec 2023
4:50pm, 7 Dec 2023
3,774 posts
  •  
Nord SledRunner
I saw a cat in a furrow today, apparently just resting, but could have been waiting for small mammals I suppose. Seemed a chilly place to wait.
jda
Dec 2023
5:31pm, 7 Dec 2023
16,047 posts
  •  
jda
A bit of company is usually good for a cat, though there are definitely some exceptions who have got used to a single life. We always try to home our kittens in pairs (or more!) unless going to join an existing pet (cat or dog). We are always up to our ears in kittens looking for a good home. Introducing another adult is significantly more challenging and may fail, but I’m sure you know all that.

It may feel too soon of course, that’s up to you and your wife.
Dec 2023
5:36pm, 7 Dec 2023
49,566 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Lost Ozzy
Looked everywhere
He was in the tumble dryer
The door had closed behind him (not tight)
So if I'd shut it properly in passing as I've done before he'd have got stuck
He then refused to come out

Mr Pix informs be he's done this a few times and that both of them were in there the other day
Dec 2023
6:30pm, 7 Dec 2023
2,504 posts
  •  
RooA
Oops. Glad you didn't turn the drier on! :-o

Marlinspike was showing off some new skills today...

:-o
Dec 2023
6:42pm, 7 Dec 2023
17,212 posts
  •  
Icy Tinsel Garland 🇮🇸
Poor Gino!
Pascal and Edda are best pals now. I worry Pascal is a bit rough but Edda goes back for more so i think she is happy enough. She has also adapted well to cosy house life and is becoming proper cat - i.e. ruling thr roost.

She gets "done" tomorrow and her hernia fixed at the same time. Paws crossed.
Dec 2023
7:35pm, 7 Dec 2023
115,610 posts
  •  
Hanneke
That is going well with Edda!
Dec 2023
9:04am, 8 Dec 2023
18,120 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Oops. Glad you didn't turn the drier on! Marlinspike was showing off some new skills today...

Roo, your photos are amazing - they feel like clippings for a photobook of Marlinspike's life.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!