Baking thread

1 lurker | 99 watchers
Jul 2020
12:38pm, 24 Jul 2020
17,166 posts
  •  
Gooner
I feel a flapjack tray coming on this afternoon for the weekends long rides.
Jul 2020
1:02pm, 24 Jul 2020
2,978 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
They freeze really well idle_wilder.

Nice muffins.

I hope that the cake and birthday went well Linds.

Rosehip - courgettes not doing so well here I'm afraid which is unfortunate as I like courgette cake and MiL makes a very nice courgette, olive and sun dried tomato bread.

The plum yogurt cake was surprisingly good - allrecipes.co.uk

I made it gf and used Alpro vanilla soya yogurt and plums that had been in the freezer. I wasn't sure about the brown sugar on top and used less than half of what the recipe says but it does enhance it. i think it would work well with raspberries or blueberries too.
Jul 2020
1:43pm, 24 Jul 2020
17,126 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I've made similar with raspberries - the basic cake is more or less the one I use for lemon drizzle. Hadn't thought of trying it with plums - I have LOTS of them in the freezer :)
Jul 2020
1:45pm, 24 Jul 2020
17,127 posts
  •  
Rosehip
(ah, no it's not, I was looking at a different recipe I'd linked - that one looks good too)
Jul 2020
1:56pm, 24 Jul 2020
2,773 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
I made cupcakes the other day and was ridiculously pleased at how delicious they were. I just did standard vanilla cupcakes but I put real strawberries into the butter cream as I whisked it and then topped with half a strawberry and they were delicious. Didn't think to get photos of them though.
Jul 2020
2:13pm, 24 Jul 2020
39,205 posts
  •  
LindsD
Can you add it to the articl please, LMH?
Jul 2020
3:13pm, 24 Jul 2020
2,979 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
If you can tell me how I'll have a go Linds.

Rosehip - the only yogurt cake I'd had before was quite dense but this is beautifully light. I cheated slightly and rather than toss the plum pieces in flour (which never seems to work to stop fruit sinking) put about a third of the mixture in the loaf tin then scattered with plum pieces and repeat so I had three layers with cake mixture on top.

They sound lovely Elsie.
Jul 2020
3:30pm, 24 Jul 2020
39,208 posts
  •  
LindsD
Click on the link. Click 'edit this article'

For the heading (the title and your name) just put = either side, so =plum yoghurt cake (LMH)=

Then just either paste in or put the link in, I don't mind which. Then click save. It will ask you to describe your edits, but you don't have to. I usually just put the name of the cake I've added.

This is from memory, so hope it works.
Jul 2020
3:31pm, 24 Jul 2020
39,209 posts
  •  
LindsD
I need cake to take in the car on a long journey next weekend. I'm thinking banana bread.
Jul 2020
3:32pm, 24 Jul 2020
209 posts
  •  
ZenTaoPlurp
Banana, dark chocolate, hazelnut cake? It's a bit good.

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Can't find one, so I thought I would start one, to share ideas, results and recipes....and the all-important pictures.

Recipes we like: cakes

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=552

Recipes we like: bread

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=553

Recipes we like: savoury snacks

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=554

Recipes we like: biscuits

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=555