50 different beers in 2024

1 lurker | 18 watchers
Apr 2022
8:56am, 25 Apr 2022
9,563 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I must start drinking more 'different' beers again. I tend to have been going into the pub and just drinking ones that I know I like the last few weekends.
Apr 2022
9:03am, 25 Apr 2022
28,367 posts
  •  
Nicholls595
We are lucky in that respect, our local, The Dog and Parrot have 5 hand pumps that change regularly. Never stock more than 2 barrels of anything at one time. Beers never on for more than two weekends, usually get 5 new ones to sample each week.
Apr 2022
9:12am, 25 Apr 2022
28,368 posts
  •  
Nicholls595
Apr 2022
9:26am, 25 Apr 2022
25,204 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Late answer to AC: yes, that's the beer.

A rare couple of cask pints yesterday: Local Motive (Fallen), Spring Ale (Twickenham). Also add Piraat Triple Hop (10.5% abv! From a box from Lidl - it's Dutch/Belgian week); Only Gig In Paris (Beatnikz Republic); Good Year For The Roses (Loch Lomond); Black Lager (Freedom).

Really must do a consolidation, must be around the fifty by now.
Apr 2022
9:56am, 25 Apr 2022
9,564 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Similar in our local - 3 beers always on and we can see probably 4 or 5 different ones over the course of a weekend. However they do seem to favour a few local breweries so over the course of say a month/six weeks the same ones might come round again and quite a few now are already on my 'different' beers in 2022 list anyway so I'm getting a bit lazy and if one I really like is on then I'll stick with that rather than try a different one (particularly if I suspect I won't like it as much as one of the others already on.)

I need to start visiting a few different pubs in the area and see what they are doing but it's difficult when pub visits are limited to perhaps a couple of times over the weekend and the local pub is excellent in every respect!
Apr 2022
11:55am, 25 Apr 2022
33,764 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Similar here. Two new beers only. But, holidays coming up, so that will provide a new source and I have my stash of cans....
Apr 2022
6:37pm, 26 Apr 2022
1,675 posts
  •  
Weean
Forgot to put these up at the weekend:

28. (draught) Bristol Beer Factory Paloma (4.5%). Rather pleasant Grapefruit DDH Pale (whatever that means. Double dry-hopped?)
29. (draught) Wiper & True Kaleidoscope (4.2%). Another long term favourite, I was very surprised to find that this wasn't already on the list.
30. (draught) The Kernel Beer de Saison Sour Cherry (5.5%). Just a half (this was plenty, and I had to finish off with another half of kaleidoscope to get rid of the taste, although I was just starting to get used to the flavour by then).
Apr 2022
9:08am, 27 Apr 2022
33,767 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Dry Double Hopped ;-)
May 2022
7:03pm, 1 May 2022
399 posts
  •  
Hertford Tiger
Just had a boys weekend away in Bristol and Weston super mare. Rather too many for comfort but here goes all cask or keg ( over 3 days!)

Good chemistry brewing - Full circle hazy IPA (the best of the weekend)
Pitchfork brewery - Pitchfork ale amber bitter
Quantock brewery - Quantock ale blond ale
Wookey hole - which way home ipa
Purple moose brewery snowdonia ale blond
Then 3 from Bristol beer factory

-Infinity ipa
-Fortitude amber ale
-Independence ( cant remember what type )
Wild beer - bibble ipa
Verdant - headband ipa
Moor beer - nano cask bitter
So another 11 on the cask list.

There were two beers at the end of day 1 I simply can’t remember. We found some great pubs in Weston super mare and revisited a couple in Bristol. The Tobacco factory in Bristol is great as is the Black Cat in Weston but my favourite was the Fork and Ale in Weston some great beers there.
May 2022
7:30pm, 1 May 2022
1,240 posts
  •  
AndyS
This last week has seen #44-47:

To Øl Orbital Movement hazy IPA - 6%
To Øl Solar Flare session IPA - 4.2%
To Øl Nocturnal session pastry stout -5%
ΩO/O Brewing Porter Porter porter - 5.40% (It's a porter, called "Porter Porter". Apparently)

All very palatable; the Nocturnal being my favourite

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
and here we are in 2024....

I still really like a pint.

I think this is not too controversial health wise. Lots of beers about these days. I interpret it as different beers within 2023, and you can, if you like; avoid beers you have had before, but as ever the list is yours to do what you like.