50 different beers in 2024

18 watchers
Feb 2022
5:55pm, 20 Feb 2022
282 posts
  •  
Hertford Tiger
After a recount I discover I am actually on 39 so far. So tonight’s can is no 40. A strong (7.3%) west cost ipa called Madison from 6degrees north brewing of Laurencekirk near Aberdeen. Very nice

I may have another can of something later as it’s still early
Feb 2022
6:50pm, 20 Feb 2022
284 posts
  •  
Hertford Tiger
As predicted I have opened another can of Pure Pilsner from Vocation brewery. I don’t normally drink lager but I would happily drink this again so 41 different beers drunk this year.
Feb 2022
9:09pm, 20 Feb 2022
24,361 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Laurencekirk is fast becoming the brewing capital of the NE :) Burnside Brewery is pretty much next door to 6degN.
Feb 2022
8:44am, 21 Feb 2022
1,071 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
Went and met friends for a few drinks for the first time in a very long time yesterday...

- Van Moll "Langharig Tuig", 5.5% hoppy weizen

- De Dochter van de Korenaar "Nouveau Riche", 6% Wheat beer with rosemary aged on Brunello casks. Rosemary was subtle, could have easily been over-powering.

- Stadsbrouwerij Eindhoven "Bye Bye Summer", 6% Bock bier. Rich caramel malts.

- Stadsbrouwerij Eindhoven "Zwarte Bliksem", 7.3% Black UPA, winner of Worlds Best Black IPA at the world beer awards 2021.

- Stadsbrouwerij Eindhoven "Chocolate OD 1" 9% Chocolate Stout with some coffee noted. Certainly an end of the night drink...

Plus one from friday night
- Gulpener "IJsbock", 10.3% Bock beer that is chilled to -20c after fermentation to freeze out some of the water and concentrate the alcohol and flavours.

Takes me up to 44 different beers so far I think.
Feb 2022
5:50pm, 21 Feb 2022
286 posts
  •  
Hertford Tiger
I quite like a black IPA. Very unusual style. I have one in my list from Gypsy Hill

No 42 is Polar ice Walls by Wild card brewery. Style isn’t noted on the can but seems like a hazy ipa to me not too strong at 4%. Very drinkable.
Feb 2022
6:00pm, 21 Feb 2022
67,432 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I’m starting a list from now, adding what I can remember from before today.

Draught

Palmer’s IPA 4.2% - very nice, a smooth session beer.

Dark Star American IPA 4.7% - sharp and citrusy. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn’t have more than one.

Timothy Taylor’s Landlord 4.1% - the old favourite.

Bottles

Moretti
San Miguel
Feb 2022
8:51pm, 22 Feb 2022
1,639 posts
  •  
Weean
20. (bottle) Corona. (4.5%)

A half term trip to a Mexican restaurant, which had run out of the Modelo and Pacifico they usually have available. I was prepared to slum it with this.
Feb 2022
9:11pm, 22 Feb 2022
289 posts
  •  
Hertford Tiger
No 43was also a restaurant trip in my case to a Thai. So Chang beer. An unremarkable lager type
Feb 2022
9:33pm, 22 Feb 2022
33,268 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
They still make Corona! Did you have a slice of lime in the neck of the bottle?
Feb 2022
11:18pm, 22 Feb 2022
24,384 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Boring anecdote alert: When we visited Thailand (many years ago now) the local lads used to call Chang beer changchang, because there were 2 elephants on the label.

Meanwhile, tonight I’ve added Thornbridge Jaipur to my account. Just the one wee tin because it’s a school night. I’m not sure if I truly appreciated the "6-dimensional hop experience", but it was pleasant enough.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
and here we are in 2024....

I still really like a pint.

I think this is not too controversial health wise. Lots of beers about these days. I interpret it as different beers within 2023, and you can, if you like; avoid beers you have had before, but as ever the list is yours to do what you like.