1500 miles in 2016

48 watchers
Apr 2016
5:05pm, 2 Apr 2016
1,087 posts
  •  
Ron Burgundy
Great roundup MzG :-)

Done me a parkrun today. Was going all out for a pb so bit disappointed to miss it by 6 seconds but hey ho... hopefully have more luck in my half tomorrow. Good luck Wooters and Hunts :-)
Apr 2016
5:09pm, 2 Apr 2016
3,536 posts
  •  
clare1976
Great roundup thanks MzG! I certainly won't stay top if the mileage league from now as I am moving into taper then focussing on shorter stuff over the summer/ Autumn!

Still fast for a parkrun Ron, well done! I was very pleased to get back sub-20 today at Stratford after a long time. 19:40 :-). Good luck to those of you racing tomorrow!
Apr 2016
5:30pm, 2 Apr 2016
23,248 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Great roundup MzG! :-)

I have run 6 miles and supported at the Midland Relays, not parkrunned today :-)
Apr 2016
5:32pm, 2 Apr 2016
3,415 posts
  •  
Huntsman
Very best of luck to RB & Wooters tomorrow.
Apr 2016
5:34pm, 2 Apr 2016
5,627 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
We've eaten an ice cream in the garden.
Apr 2016
5:44pm, 2 Apr 2016
847 posts
  •  
jabberknit
Hi All!
Brilliant roundup, MzG, most instructive - I'm a special stain, thanks! Well done on any running, people, and good luck tomorrow with any races.

Been a bit AWOL this week, down in the dumps due to dodgy right quad just not wanting to get better. However, went ahead and had a crack at the Vale of Glamorgan Coastal Ultra today. Wouldn't have been too bad, but we had 12 hours of 'orrible Welsh rain last night and this morning, so it was a total mudfest, and I just don't cope well with mud. It did go better than I expected, though - after the first 3 miles my leg was fine, as was the rest of me, but the trail shoes did their best to sabotage me by giving me a huge blister on the sole of my foot, so I dropped out after 24 miles rather than make it worse by struggling to the finish at 32. Note to self - just don't do these off-road things, tarmac is the way to go.
Apr 2016
6:22pm, 2 Apr 2016
3,416 posts
  •  
Huntsman
24 miles is still a cracking run Jabber so you shall have a smiley by your race ;-)
Apr 2016
7:19pm, 2 Apr 2016
4,419 posts
  •  
Wooters
Thanks Huntsman, getting nervous now.

Great roundup Mzg!
Apr 2016
7:24pm, 2 Apr 2016
3,417 posts
  •  
Huntsman
Start on pace or a little bit slower Wooters for the first mile and then head down and crack off the splits. I look forward to seeing your time :-)
Apr 2016
8:41pm, 2 Apr 2016
5,628 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Good time on the feet JK. It isn't a target race so don't be too disheartened.

After the Oakley 20 tomorrow I'll be tapering for Newark half. Not sure what first position prize is yet. Better be the wrist watch from Newark's finest jewellers.

About This Thread

Maintained by Huntsman
1500 miles in 2016 thread (which is 28.69 miles per week). Everyone welcome to join in with the thread's wonderful chat and inevitable march across the 1500 mile finish line. Join the group then set your yearly mileage target to 1500 to be included in the monthly round ups.

Group: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/groups-view.php?id=1215

Mileage Table: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1500

Our New Leaders -

2017 the year of Team Jigs

All the best for next year Mrs Jigs and Jigs :-)

The Threads Motto

'99% Drivel and We Love It'

Monthly Round Ups

January - Huntsman :-)
February - Neilio :-)
March - MzG :-)
April - RichHNoel :-)
May - Watford Wobble :-)
June - Doc Moye :-)
July - Jigs :-)
August - jabberknit :-)
September - Watford Wobble :-)
October - Garfield :-)
November - IanS :-)

December - Huntsman

If any of you lovely people would like an important/targeted race included in the header then let me know.

Major Target -

1000 pages EASY EASY EASY
DONE BY 22nd December

TARGET races for 2017

January

15th Brass Monkey Half - Neilio
29th Les Croupiers Handicap 10 mile Time Trial - jennyh

February

26th Pontypool 10K - jennyh

March

5th Cambridge Half - Doc
5th Newport Half - jennyh