Woof! Bark! And also Whiiiiiiiiiine.

106 watchers
5 Oct
1:36pm, 5 Oct 2024
4,103 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Rather than spam the thread, there are more Poppy pics from today's walk over here -

fetcheveryone.com/blog-share.php?id=489502
5 Oct
4:55pm, 5 Oct 2024
18,392 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I love the doggy photos, they make me smile :-)
I actually lolled at that one of Tuss!
8 Oct
9:33am, 8 Oct 2024
3,150 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
Bella managed to tear a claw off this morning. Blood absolutely everywhere. She seemed to settle and it stopped bleeding, so OH has just taken her to the vet (rather than go to the emergency one). I suspect a cone of shame will be in order, and probably some return visits to the vet to make sure it's not growing back in the wrong way.
8 Oct
11:28am, 8 Oct 2024
4,111 posts
  •  
cackleberry
oooo ouch!
8 Oct
2:02pm, 8 Oct 2024
3,151 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
Lots of pavement walks, antibiotics, pain meds and possibly the cone of shame (if she can't leave it alone).

Apparently, she's also a bit on the tubby side (17 kg), so we need to watch what she's eating again.
8:29am
8:29am, 9 Oct 2024
40,805 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
G_g our old Daisy did that once - the kitchen looked like I'd murdered someone there was so much blood! I hope Bella heals swiftly.

We've had the renewal details for Flossie's insurance. A whopping Β£2862! Sorry Direct Line but we're going to take the risk and cancel.
9:23am
9:23am, 9 Oct 2024
6,452 posts
  •  
RRR-CAZ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
I hope Bella heels swiftly.

Cairo has had a cough for ages told it was kennel cough but it never improved now after X-rays finally diagnosed with bronchitis.

Dread to think what our insurance might be with this year’s large claim.
9:49am
9:49am, 9 Oct 2024
4,113 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Our old terrier kept breaking her dew claws, resulting each time in a stressful visit to the vets to have the broken bit clipped off.
In the end we had them amputated. Solved the problem instantly!
That wont work so well on toes though.

Poppy's insurance will be due for renewal soon, currently with the Kennel Club but that is costing about the same as our house insurance so I think it's time to have a look around.
I wouldn't bother, but she has to be insured to come to work.
11:51am
11:51am, 9 Oct 2024
3,152 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
It was one of her front toe claws, so hopeful it won't happen again. Looking at it a bit more closely today (she's still very wary of us going anywhere near it). I think she cut into her toe pad a bit too, which was probably why it bled so much. The vet seemed to think it had come off quite cleanly, so hopefully it will grow back normally.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Support thread for owners of puppies.
Well, why not?

Now including All Matters dogdogdogDOG dogdogdog