Who Squares Wins!

1 lurker | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
2:00pm, 23 Jun 2020
10,503 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I can believe how sad I was thinking it didn’t count my squares - shame i don’t know where I live - no wonder I miss squares 😂😂
Jun 2020
2:21pm, 23 Jun 2020
989 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Between this and fetchpoint, and completely missing something really simple, I have had many a frustrated WHY????? or WHY NOT????? moments... its all learning :)
Jun 2020
3:04pm, 23 Jun 2020
10,506 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I miss the goreilla's on Fetchpoint, it lost its appeal, despite loving a diamond its just not the same looking for those instead. I don't need the freebie prize draw.

Oh heck... I looked didn't I... the bit I didn't like was that I couldn't see what I had collected so couldn't see the point, just looked at the 'your activity' bit and can see that I can revert to the old page. Right fetchpointing squares - like pokemon for runners hahahahahahaha
Jun 2020
3:14pm, 23 Jun 2020
991 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
ooo I used t love the Goreillas! I had forgotten about those!

I find I swing from one to the other, they aren't massively compatible, unless I am missing a trick... I may go out later and try and squish some bugs (I have lots) and that should get me some more squares, but then there is multiplayer to worry about... haha see obsessed!
Jun 2020
3:49pm, 23 Jun 2020
919 posts
  •  
roberton
Goreillas?
Jun 2020
3:54pm, 23 Jun 2020
11,833 posts
  •  
Ness
I remember them! You had to collect them to get in the draw for a prize, I think. On Fetchpoint back in the day when I remembered how to play the game properly! ;)

gorilla kingkong can't remember which one it is!
Jun 2020
3:55pm, 23 Jun 2020
5,003 posts
  •  
Vancouver Jogger
They'd pop up occasionally and if you grabbed one you'd be entered into a monthly (?) prize draw to win something from Gore
Jun 2020
3:57pm, 23 Jun 2020
1,836 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
And before Goreillas we had Garmangles - those were the days :)

For those who don't go back that far - once upon a time, Fetch had this game sponsored. We had to collect a minimal number of 'sponsors logos' to be entered into a monthly draw to win prizes donated by those sponsors.

When Garmin were the sponsor, the logo was their triangle - hence Garmangle
When Gore were the sponsor, fetch used the gorilla (or was it kingkong) icon instead - hence Goreilla

It all made perfect sense at the time :)
Jun 2020
3:58pm, 23 Jun 2020
1,837 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
It was kingkong
Jun 2020
3:58pm, 23 Jun 2020
5,004 posts
  •  
Vancouver Jogger
And before that you could herd bugs