•  
HappyG(rrr)
I usually have Monday off mate. :-) G
May 2020
9:26pm, 2 May 2020
25,463 posts
  •  
JulesR
Could the Garmin fit In/around your model car & what’s the controller range Gav?
May 2020
11:20am, 3 May 2020
3,964 posts
  •  
westmoors
Waving the white flag. Groundhog your winning streak continues!
May 2020
11:37am, 3 May 2020
34,739 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol Jules! We did look at whether GPS on the car would be fun to see what speed it went and so on, but I think the resolution/ sensitivity of the running based GPS isn't good enough for the relatively high speed / short distances that the cars do.

The controller range is hundreds of metres, but you have to be able to see where it is going. So unless you are also mounting a go-pro camera and live streaming to see where it is going (which is an option - people do Point of View (POV) racing!) you can't really use the cars to go exploring.

Long way of saying can't really cheat with the wee cars Jules, honest.

Now flying drones on the other hand...?! :-) G
May 2020
11:42am, 3 May 2020
48,161 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Too late for me to order a drone now. I’m focusing on multiplayer survival this week :-)
May 2020
11:52am, 3 May 2020
34,740 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I don't think I'll make it through multiplayer Dio. I prefer to run different routes where poss which isn't conducive to "owning" a square. I'm swithering about whether to run today or not. Had a lovely run yesterday but weather not so nice today! Woose that I am! :-) G
May 2020
6:30pm, 3 May 2020
335 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
Well done 57.5 DoP. The game's yours. I can't compete with that volume of running.

I'm pretty sure that'll make molething #1 again, from tomorrow, by a single point. But looking at the top 10 and the streaks some are on, I think the top spot will be changing a few times in the not-too-distant future
May 2020
6:42pm, 3 May 2020
336 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
I know I'm not "officially" allowed to make suggestions, and I've no idea how Fetch feels about this*: What do you lovely people think about the flexible status of Monday mornings? Would you prefer a situation where the match runs from 2am Monday to 2am Monday with no wiggle room (or, say, a couple of hours for uploads)? I picked 2am to impact the fewest people (just like the time clocks change), but I appreciate non-UK players might have a particular interest in this issue. I've not made a feature request; I'd like to test the water with this forum first.

*As for Fetch, early on in WSW history, he answered someone else that he picked 12noon on Monday to try to stimulate virtual or real chat about the results as we all had our UK lunchbreaks.
May 2020
6:47pm, 3 May 2020
6,151 posts
  •  
Sigh
I've never really understood the tactics of delaying an upload; it's just a game for a bit of fun. In my case, my watch synchs with Garmin by Bluetooth, and Garmin then pushes it automatically through to here. It'd be far more trouble than it's worth to stop all that convenience just to defer an upload for the sake of a game.
May 2020
6:51pm, 3 May 2020
5,623 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Sorry DS, my current running mojo is still strong. And moving my square has been another incentive to check out unfamiliar bits of town.

I think Monday shenanigans are a good part of the game. Of course normally most of the UK contingent are 'working from work' anyway at that time so it is less significant.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php