What minor disaster has befallen you today?

2 lurkers | 89 watchers
Oct 2023
1:35pm, 14 Oct 2023
10,064 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Best go to bed Jaks and start again on the morning 😀
Oct 2023
2:57pm, 14 Oct 2023
5,338 posts
  •  
Jaks
😂 ER
I’ve just been telling mr jaks (who’s just come home from work) and he said to go and sit down and not touch anything sharp 😂
Oct 2023
9:35am, 17 Oct 2023
82,024 posts
  •  
Diogenes
I forgot that Mrs D's car was booked in for its MoT at 8am this morning. The garage rang just after 8 when I was in the shower. Mrs D has gone to work in the car.

However, I have rearranged for 11am, so I've just got to got to Mrs D's place of work, swap her car with mine, come home and clear all the junk out of it (it's full of dog stuff and bags to go to the charity shop), and then I'll be ready to take it in.
Oct 2023
9:36am, 17 Oct 2023
72,838 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
Slept in, didn't get up till 5 minutes after I was supposed to be at work, still made it in only 20 minutes late from my secondary start time.
Oct 2023
9:37am, 17 Oct 2023
101,059 posts
  •  
swittle
bog roll fell into pan
Oct 2023
9:36pm, 20 Oct 2023
3,926 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
I pushed myself up on my office chair at home and broke the left arm rest off.
Oct 2023
9:53pm, 20 Oct 2023
11,000 posts
  •  
Raemond
I pushed myself up on my office chair at home and broke the left arm rest off.

A certain vintage of the office chairs in my old office - you know the kind of ones, with a sort of starfish leg arrangement with five or six legs with a caster at the end beneath a central column for the spinning and the uppy-downy adjustment - had a tendency to suddenly and violently loose a leg.
You'd be sitting quite peacefully, minding your own business, and there would be a loud noise and the chair would drop slightly in a random direction. Almost as if a small charge had been donated to blow the leg off.

It was a well known phenomenon to anyone who'd been there more than a year (I think I witnessed four or five in my time there), but you could almost guarantee whoever was sitting in the chair at the time would be newer than that (the first time I encountered it I was the hapless sitter) and wouldn't quite believe the explanation 'yeah, sometimes these chairs just do that. I'll call Facilities to bring you a new one'.
Oct 2023
12:59pm, 21 Oct 2023
1,777 posts
  •  
JenHB
Was at the zoo yesterday and the battery died in my camera (and the spare battery was also dead). Fortunately the rest of the family had (charged) cameras so they will have some photos of me
Oct 2023
5:35pm, 22 Oct 2023
4,346 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Sent a less than complimentary text to my sister about her that was meant for my wife.

Ach well, she barely talks to me anyway 😂
Oct 2023
6:34pm, 22 Oct 2023
8,307 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
[at least it wasn’t the other way round]

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...