What minor disaster has befallen you today?

5 lurkers | 89 watchers
Aug 2023
4:51pm, 2 Aug 2023
38,606 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Trying to take out a new car insurance policy (because Direct Line were Havin' a Larf nearly doubling our premium) and initially, LV='s website crashed after I'd filled in umpteen boxes. Finally got to the payment page and they 'couldn't process the transaction.' Checked with NatWest, and LV has inadvertently put 2 x £1 'holding' transactions through, and NatWest rejected the second one so LV think the card's a wrong 'un.
So as instructed on the website I phoned the number to discuss with LV=. Even though it was well within business hours (3:40pm, to be precise) the recording said 'our offices are now closed, please go to the website.' Which told me to phone the number, which said 'our offices are now closed.'
Maybe I should try a different insurer?
Aug 2023
5:01pm, 2 Aug 2023
22,666 posts
  •  
richmac
^^ LV have had a server outage & all the lines have been closed only just up and running now Sorry - embattled on the phones
Aug 2023
5:11pm, 2 Aug 2023
3,849 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Packed my bag for changing at the gym post run and forgot pants 🤣
Aug 2023
5:17pm, 2 Aug 2023
38,608 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
^^ LV have had a server outage & all the lines have been closed only just up and running now Sorry - embattled on the phones
Ah, thanks for that. I'll see what I can sort out tomorrow.
Aug 2023
10:04pm, 2 Aug 2023
60,450 posts
  •  
alpenrose
LD, I've dealt with LV for many years and always had good service from them, you were obviously unlucky today.
Aug 2023
4:13pm, 4 Aug 2023
11,432 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Woke up with three flea bites on my legs. Cat has now had his flea spot-on which he was most miffed about.
Aug 2023
5:52pm, 4 Aug 2023
38,616 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Still haven't been able to resolve the isdue with LV. I did manage to speak to a real person this afternoon but because my policy was in payment limbo when the server went belly-up she couldn't help me. So I still have no policy but I do have two payments 'pending' on my credit card.
Apparently it'll all be sorted by 9am on Monday.
Aug 2023
9:38pm, 4 Aug 2023
38,618 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
My digestive system objected violently to something I ate this evening. Fortunately the problem seems to have passed. Literally.
Aug 2023
4:39pm, 5 Aug 2023
3,905 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Following the car being serviced yesterday (and being double-charged for the pleasure), the git refused to unlock when we were leaving my nephew's house this afternoon. Neither my key, nor OH's key would work (highly unlikely that both key batteries went at the same time). Luckily my niece pointed out that the passenger door had an actual lock on it, which set the alarm off when we used it. Both keys then worked again?! We are definitely getting rid!
Aug 2023
12:28pm, 6 Aug 2023
4,575 posts
  •  
Jaks
Came home from my daughters early as our dog who was at home with mr jaks had been ill throughout the night/morning. Mr jaks in work later and I didn’t want her to be on her own. Just over 5 hrs later I’m home and she’s like a puppy bouncing all over the place 🙈

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...