What minor disaster has befallen you today?

2 lurkers | 89 watchers
Apr 2023
12:36pm, 9 Apr 2023
13,687 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
Tissue in the wash.
Apr 2023
2:43pm, 9 Apr 2023
10,324 posts
  •  
Raemond
Some things have changed at my church since I've was last there.

Some are neutral - there's a a new vicar and a bunch of people I know don't know.

Some are sort of good - pews have been replaced with chairs which are more comfortable but have no little shelf in front of you for your keys and bible.

Some are very bad - someone else thinks 'my' seat is now their seat, and feel strongly enough about that that they actually told me to move.

One thing remains distressingly the same - they are completely incapable of doing justice to Thine Be The Glory.
Also the children are still feral, knee-high, hazards.
Apr 2023
2:49pm, 9 Apr 2023
68,682 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
If there are no name on seats I would have politely said f**k off
Apr 2023
3:13pm, 9 Apr 2023
10,325 posts
  •  
Raemond
(there were six of them and they wanted to sit together, the front row was completely free, and it was a minute after the service was supposed to start, so they could have either sat in the front row or arrived earlier if they care so much about getting specific seats... But I was too shocked in the moment to say either of those things. I'll have to settle for just mentally labeling them wankers and moving on with my life, which I'm sure is what Christ would want me to do)
Apr 2023
3:35pm, 9 Apr 2023
26,812 posts
  •  
Dvorak
(They have gifted you the opportunity for forgiveness ;-) Very seasonal. Also, they will be damned to an eternity of Hellfire for showing Pride and Covetousness in the House of the Lord.)
Apr 2023
4:38pm, 9 Apr 2023
68,687 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
( Dvorak said it better than me 😇 )
Apr 2023
5:47pm, 9 Apr 2023
9,598 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
[I’m not sure why it is but people in our church are reluctant to sit in the front rows too. They normally get populated by the late arrivers.]
Apr 2023
5:53pm, 9 Apr 2023
1,448 posts
  •  
JenHB
[Ditto re front rows in my church!]
Apr 2023
5:55pm, 9 Apr 2023
7,932 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
[I don’t like sitting in the front row because then I’m the one everyone watches for guidance to stand up or sit down. We much prefer it when Sue is there, as she always knows]
Apr 2023
5:59pm, 9 Apr 2023
10,328 posts
  •  
Raemond
(after nearly 12 years I've finally adapted to the Anglican stand up for the gospel tradition, but it took a a fair while to override my innate methodist tendencies)

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...