Woof! Bark! And also Whiiiiiiiiiine.

106 watchers
Dec 2017
9:41am, 12 Dec 2017
12,517 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
Oh NO, LD. I bet Flossie will be ok, given past events ... but what a thing to happen. :-(

Here's Jess yesterday looking for her idea of hidden treasure....
Dec 2017
9:42am, 12 Dec 2017
12,518 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
Ah! Found some!

Dec 2017
9:53am, 12 Dec 2017
20,717 posts
  •  
Deck the Halls Daisy
:-) Excellent photos!

Closer examination of the shredded box suggests there were some chocolates with 60% cocoa solids and some with 30%, and the white ones had no cocoa (how are they 'chocolates' then?)

No sign of any kind of distress on our walk - apart from meeting the gang of 6 JRTs who she will take an enormous detour to avoid ;-) - but I will be watching her very carefully for the rest of the day.

You have to admire a dog's nose: through several layers of brown paper, a layer of wrapping paper, a cellophane wrapped cardboard box with plastic inserts and corrugated padding inside, she knew there was 'treasure' to be found!
Dec 2017
10:07am, 12 Dec 2017
12,519 posts
  •  
Shark the Herald Angel
I'm always stunned at the length Floss goes to. As you say what a nose!

Jess is very good at scenting - but does not have Floss' single minded determination. She is more of a scam merchant. She knows if she jumps into her Tuffie Nest (bed) in the kitchen she 'might' get a fish cube ... so if we or she have been out of the room she often decides it's worth a go.

But even a tray of freshly baked liver cake can be safely left out. Floor is fair game for anything (unless we say 'leave') but she just wouldn't counter surf like Floss!
Dec 2017
4:39pm, 12 Dec 2017
5,335 posts
  •  
Helegant
Oh my... I'm thinking of you.
Dec 2017
5:41pm, 12 Dec 2017
24,597 posts
  •  
halfpint
Wow sharkie that's impressive. Ernie will literally try to eat anything. He has developed a terrible counter surfing habit as well as bin raiding.
Dec 2017
6:25pm, 12 Dec 2017
20,724 posts
  •  
Deck the Halls Daisy
It's remarkable how they can stretch so far when counter-surfing - be warned!!
Dec 2017
6:41pm, 12 Dec 2017
5,336 posts
  •  
Helegant
Even a small dog like Jet can bounce high enough to remove any food left on a worktop. Motivation is a wonderful enabler.
Dec 2017
9:41pm, 12 Dec 2017
4,081 posts
  •  
Mazlin
Rory once jumped from a standing start onto a table in a National Trust cafe (luckily, the outside area of a National Trust cafe) after a bacon roll. All four paws on. No problem.
Dec 2017
9:54pm, 12 Dec 2017
9,814 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Oh dear LD - hope there's been no sign of any ill effects yet heart

Ralph had a couple of rather impressive food stealing episodes as a youngster, but after burning his nose trying to steal a lamb chop from under the grill, he's been much better - We can leave an open box of his favouritedog biscuits lying around and he won't touch it!

He does think that anything falling from the bird table is fair game and will tr to eat any (mouldy/green or otherwise) potatoes left in the fields though.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Support thread for owners of puppies.
Well, why not?

Now including All Matters dogdogdogDOG dogdogdog