The Fetcheveryone Castle Challenge

1 lurker | 99 watchers
May 2021
8:06am, 5 May 2021
33,317 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
My sister and I have a booking at The Bear, rolled over for months, for us to take up when we're finally able to scatter my Mum's ashes on the Brecon Beacons.
May 2021
8:07am, 5 May 2021
16,706 posts
  •  
jennywren
I’m worried he’ll have run out of biscuits by the time I get there!
May 2021
8:12am, 5 May 2021
40,224 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I hope that visit goes well, LD.

For me, that funny narrow bit of road outside The Bear always means "nearly there" on a journey to the mountains.
May 2021
8:42am, 5 May 2021
15,094 posts
  •  
MarkyMarkMark (3M)
I seem to be jogging happily along a bit of fairly pleasant country "A" class road. At least this one has a footpath at the side! Lots of phantom Google-car shadows around me. It was clearly a nice sunny early summer's day when the pics were taken!
May 2021
8:45am, 5 May 2021
3,664 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
I got locked in Travis Perkins for a few days but now out and in Pontypridd - more memories from my childhood. Just off the A470 so might take a trip down memory lane and check out Abercynon and Mountain Ash 😍.

May 2021
9:02am, 5 May 2021
73,018 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Still in the FOD. Mind, not doing many kms at the moment...
May 2021
9:07am, 5 May 2021
12,502 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
If I swap today'sand tomorrow's runs, I can bag a castle today. That also makes sense as I am forcing DS to take me to the gym tomorrow with his free guest pass (only seems fair sunce I pay his membership but he is so embarassed that we are going to a different branch to hide from his mates).
May 2021
9:08am, 5 May 2021
952 posts
  •  
Jayfire
Severe case of CBA today and the sun has come out too, so sod running, I'm off to my boat 😃
May 2021
9:14am, 5 May 2021
73,023 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I'd love to hit Monmouth, but in order to stay in one piece, it is a few kms of run/walking and/or Nordic Walking, which can be much longer but I haven't had time nor energy for a few weeks and want to get back on my bike, which doesn't count for this challenge :)
Although a favourite ride does take in a lot of castles, including Chepstow and Hay...
May 2021
9:14am, 5 May 2021
1,580 posts
  •  
Homeless Kodo
Hanneke, we’re about 20 miles the opposite direction from Abergavenny to you, so fairly close.

Spent the night on the Mon & Brec canal, but that’s a black hole. HOTV road was the nearest place I stopped before.
About to go past the remains of Crickhowell castle and Tretower Court & castle today, 2 little castles not quite on the route.
en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Not gonna hit the deadline?
Don't worry. The challenge page will stay live for as long as there's still interest. And try to tick off just one more checkpoint before the official deadline, because each one is a ticket in the hat for the Proviz £100 voucher.

Cardiff Castle - start
Caerphilly Castle - 50 miles
Chepstow Castle - 100 miles
Monmouth Castle - 150 miles
Hay Castle - 200 miles
Ludlow Castle - 250 miles
Shrewsbury Castle - 300 miles
Chirk Castle - 350 miles
Chester Castle - 400 miles
Stafford Castle - 450 miles
Elvaston Castle - 500 miles
Rockingham Castle - 550 miles
Bedford Castle - 599 miles
Fetch Towers - 600 miles

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.