tattoos

12 lurkers | 33 watchers
2 Jun
4:30pm, 2 Jun 2024
22,505 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I don’t think I’d wrap it up just get plenty of hustle butter on and keep it topped up to stop it drying out. Or check with your tattooist for some professional advice on covering if needed.
7 Aug
9:57pm, 7 Aug 2024
3,839 posts
  •  
panad
So design finished for my next tattoo

I’ll be approx 45cm long, going across clavicle, round the top of my shoulder and down my arm to just below my elbow..

Just sent it to the tattoo artist, hopefully I’ll be able to get a sitting early September - just need to decide which arm it’s going on now 😉
rhb
7 Aug
10:02pm, 7 Aug 2024
2,322 posts
  •  
rhb
That'll look great @panad

My two healed ok and I'm trying to work out timings for getting more done amongst my training block.

I've a "rest" week 26th Aug with only a 13 miler the following weekend, so if I had something done 26th/27th it should be past the worst by then I think?
7 Aug
10:16pm, 7 Aug 2024
23,681 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That will look fabulous look forward to seeing it.

I was supposed to be getting mine done on Friday but I had a wobble I can’t quite visualise how it will look and I’ve not had time to look in to it, as it’s going on my arm I thought best to breathe I’ll see if he’s got it ready and try a transfer of it at some point soon.
7 Aug
10:17pm, 7 Aug 2024
23,682 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Forgot to add I love all the detail in yours, are you going white like Rae?
8 Aug
5:26am, 8 Aug 2024
11,967 posts
  •  
Raemondo
@panad panad panad that's stunning!

Sounds like it was designed by someone other than the tattoo artist?

I'm intrigued by that process - who did the design? Have you worked this way work your tattooist before? So they need to make (m)any changes to the designs when it comes to actually print them on your body?

My tattooist has always also designed my pieces (apart from the cat paw prints), I figure he has a better understanding of how things will fit around the relevant body part and how easy/impossible it'll be to actually stab them by into me than a 'normal' artist would.

And @rhb I guess it depends on location? If it's somewhere that will get a lot of wear like a foot or around the waistband of your shorts or whatever, a week might not be quite enough, but if it's just like on your upper arm or calf of something like that then it could be fine.

The way things heal with second skin these days is amazing!

My whole shoulder/upper arm piece was nearly perfect within a week.
rhb
8 Aug
7:21am, 8 Aug 2024
2,323 posts
  •  
rhb
It'd be upper arm @Raemondo so I might book it in on that basis
8 Aug
8:28am, 8 Aug 2024
11,968 posts
  •  
Raemondo
Sorry Panad!
I didn't mean to tag you three times 😂
8 Aug
8:12pm, 8 Aug 2024
3,840 posts
  •  
panad
@geordiegirl yes i’m going for white ink - fully influenced by @Raemondo .

Rae. My daughter designed the tattoo. She did my last (first) one as well. My tattooist had worked on both my daughters and son-in-law, so I was familiar with their work before my first one, and they were happy/confident that design would suit both their style and work on my body. I’d also given them full permission to ‘make it their own’ and use the design as a general guide rather than it needing to be an exact replication, with exception of one small part of it which had specific personal significance. The result was definitely the same design, but their interpretation of it.

With this tattoo, my daughter asked if she could design it when I was describing to her what I had in mind, but my tattooist has also been involved from the start seeing the design develop and influencing it with respect to practical aspects of fitting it to a body and the actual process of tattooing it. So I suppose although the artwork of the design is my daughter’s it is a collaboration.
8 Aug
8:55pm, 8 Aug 2024
11,972 posts
  •  
Raemondo
Oh, wow!
I love that design even more now, what a great story behind it.
And I'm honoured to have (very slightly) helped inspire it 😊

Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.
Also yours, rhb.

About This Thread

Maintained by slowfish
I have no idea why but over the past couple of weeks I have thought about getting a tat. I don't ev...