So who won the tour from 1999 to 2005

80 watchers
Mar 2018
5:08pm, 6 Mar 2018
1,466 posts
  •  
stuart little
In many ways, I struggle to see what the "news" is with this report - as much as I dislike it, breaking "ethical" boundaries is irrelevant, all that matters is did Sky (or anyone else) break any legal boundaries? As I understand what I've read the answer is probably not (by the scantest margin) In the reported cases.

The vast majority of professional sport is filthy, but as usual athletics and cycling takes the brunt of the vitriol. Every other sport is just excellent in the gym ;)
Mar 2018
5:27pm, 6 Mar 2018
4,079 posts
  •  
larkim
Let's run is a US website which tries to be the go to source for running related news. But it has forums which are toxic and full of conspiracy theories, fueled by excitable college runners of a mainly male background. Think of it as the dark web for running!

Some good has come of it - the Hadd running philosophy was promoted via there, and proper coaches like Renato Canova post there. Done news articles there are good.

Take a look, if you've got a big pinch of salt to hand.
Mar 2018
5:33pm, 6 Mar 2018
1,033 posts
  •  
CharlieP
Thanks... I think. :)
Mar 2018
8:27pm, 6 Mar 2018
25,261 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Sky don’t even cheat with style. Boring, dull, and lacking elan
Mar 2018
8:41pm, 6 Mar 2018
17,908 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Ethics is at the centre of sport. That is why diving is ruining football. Why spot fixi g could ruin cricket and tennis. If there are no ethical considerations you may as well have a cheats Olympics and be done with it.
Mar 2018
8:50pm, 6 Mar 2018
4,080 posts
  •  
larkim
Worth reading Wiggins BBC interview in full, v transcript here

bbc.co.uk

I'm sure everyone with a prejudged view one way or another can read that positively or negatively, but i prefer to read it whole rather than the snippets that the editors choose.
Mar 2018
8:58pm, 6 Mar 2018
1,467 posts
  •  
stuart little
WS - but diving is banned in the laws of football. Spot fixing is similarly banned across the board.
This is not that clear cut. If they've done something that is explicitly prohibited in the WADA code, then charge them with that. If they haven't, then, sadly, that's not banned, and legally nothing is "wrong"

Please point me in the direction of an ethically run professional sport
Mar 2018
9:51pm, 6 Mar 2018
4,827 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
bbc.co.uk

Bloody journalists, bet he read my post earlier about poster on a wall.
Is he a closet fetchie?

PMSL
SPR
Mar 2018
9:55pm, 6 Mar 2018
25,617 posts
  •  
SPR
I saw that and thought is Dai Bank a journalist, lol.
Mar 2018
7:45am, 7 Mar 2018
15,104 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Tuppers - US Postal were bloody boring too...

Stuart Little - Diving may be banned in the rules, but it and many other minor transgressions are part of the culture of the game - being 'professional'. Doping is banned in the rules of cycling, but people have found ways to take drugs legally for benefit - it's part of the culture - being 'professional'.

About This Thread

Maintained by fitzer
Given that Lance's wins now don't count.