Scottish Runners

2 lurkers | 86 watchers
Apr 2012
4:12pm, 29 Apr 2012
4,264 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Thanks G

It could impact others though who may want to keep the PB so will leave as is and just try and beat the old mark.

Anyone done the west lothian half ? I am thinking about that as well as Haddington and Glasgow later in summer
Apr 2012
7:01pm, 29 Apr 2012
287 posts
  •  
jacs205
did the West Lothian half last year and came last!!! It was an ok route, a lot of it along the national cycle path 75 where I do most of my training now. It was fairly quiet last year becasue it was on the same day as the mens health 10k in Glasgow and the fella on the bike behind the last runner (i.e. me so he and I had a long time to chat!) said that it seemed to be all local entries and the club was disappointed because its usually the one they make a bit of money from. I'm giving it a miss this year because its on the same day as the Dechmont Law and I prefer that race because its a trail run. Marshalls were all good fun, mainly local army cadets and everyone was friendly and didn't seem to mind waiting around a cold park waiting for the old slow bird to finish so they could go home though many of the others were club runners.
Apr 2012
7:20pm, 29 Apr 2012
4,178 posts
  •  
katypie
I'm doing the bathgate half :)
May 2012
7:25pm, 22 May 2012
110 posts
  •  
Fraserfish
good news. From now on the Dechmont Law 10k will actually be 10k. Tell your friends. :0)
Jul 2012
7:09pm, 13 Jul 2012
1,414 posts
  •  
Duchess
Does anyone know the area round Loch Achray? I have a weekend up there with family (starting tomorrow morning) and wondering about nice walks and flat trails for a little jog?
Jul 2012
10:39pm, 13 Jul 2012
5,419 posts
  •  
Dvorak
It's not really a flat part of the country. The Trossachs is the Highlands in minature. If you go to the head of Loch Katrine it is flat on the road for a wee bit ( and strikingly beautiful). Then it's not flat. If you go the other way (to Kilmahog) you can go on the cycle path (old railway line). Flattish. If you are up for a bit of an uphill hike ( I wouldn't suggest any attempt to run it) Ben A'an gives fantastic views for a relatively low hill (about an hours walk each way).
Jul 2012
9:44am, 14 Jul 2012
8,161 posts
  •  
_andy
There's some good trails south of loch achray. Scott Bradley's passed through there - runningwildinscotland.blogspot.co.uk - not suggesting the whole route, but there are some nice photos and the route map shows bits in the middle around there Duchess. There's also the path along the side of Loch Katrine, which is flat (but can have plenty of cyclists). Hope you have midgie repellant and good goretex ;-)
Jul 2012
5:29pm, 14 Jul 2012
1,417 posts
  •  
Duchess
Good goretex??? Been along Loch Katrine today - both by boat and sedately on foot - in blue skies and sunshine :-)

Parents want to go along Loch Lomond tomorrow so will be a bit of WHW-ing. Mum has vetoed Conic Hill...

:-)
Jul 2012
9:46pm, 14 Jul 2012
400 posts
  •  
jacs205
Enjoy Duchess, one of my favourite places in the world xx
Jul 2012
8:12am, 15 Jul 2012
1,418 posts
  •  
Duchess
You hill runners are mad. Nothing more to say! ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Gobi