:-O :-O :-O

Those Edinburgh people ;-)
Sep 2011
9:44pm, 27 Sep 2011
8 posts
  •  
fraserfish
Hi girls.

Does anyone know if the Pentland Skyline race is good for spectators? I am hoping to go more off road and up in to the hills when I get back to fitness after recent injuries.

I would like to meet some folks to inspire me and give me some words of wisdom so I can attempt next years skyline/

Thanks
Sep 2011
10:56pm, 27 Sep 2011
84 posts
  •  
tyran
Sorry don't know anything about the Pentland race... but if anyone is looking for a pub to go to after the Edinburgh 10k on Sunday there'll be post race party at Joseph Pearce pub on Elm Row.
Sep 2011
8:54am, 28 Sep 2011
164 posts
  •  
Rab Lee
Did the skyline last year, the start/finish is pretty busy and right on the hill at the back of the ski slope so you should get to watch the runners coming in on the last downhill and there will be plenty of folk to chat to. If you check the route on the race website there is at least one access point on a wee back road I think(?) Or you could always walk in a bit and watch, mind you last year it was so foggy you couldnt see much of anything :)
Sep 2011
1:02pm, 28 Sep 2011
196 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Has anyone done Lochaber Marathon? Wondering what it was like. Any info much appreciated.
Sep 2011
1:05pm, 28 Sep 2011
47 posts
  •  
CamBear
Anyone know if I can enter the ST.Andrews Hospice 10K at Strathclyde Park on Sunday on the day?
Sep 2011
1:20pm, 28 Sep 2011
5,786 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
PLB - I have run Lochaber 3 times - 2008/9/10. I set my mara PB there and I'd say it is a fast course. It starts in the town, heads out the Inverness Road then turns left across the canal . It stays close to the lochside so it is as flat as you could hope for. Out and back course, about turn at half way and head home. A low key but well organised event. Great scenery. Because a lot of the race is well away from anywhere, there is very limited crowd support, apart from one hardy supporter at about 6 miles on the way out ( an again on the way back) who plays The Clash and the Ramones at high volume. A small field- maybe about 250?A good race if you can get in your zone and bash out the miles. Not good if you need the support of a crowd or fellow runnners to get you through. No chip timing.
Sep 2011
1:54pm, 28 Sep 2011
65,967 posts
  •  
santababy
great scenery? hmmmm i concur. Great wee race and flat and friendly though :) with it being out and back you can wave across road at folk, inbetween the articulated lorries hurtling past .. ;)
Sep 2011
2:06pm, 28 Sep 2011
2,798 posts
  •  
Star x
Lochaber was my first marathon - and I loved the event and would do it again - i will warn you that it can be a very lonely race - well especially for someone like me who completed it in 5hrs 30 - I had done training runs up to 20 miles with my pal faster than I ran this. once away from the houses at the start there is no support and also the runners thin out a bit and you are pretty much on your own. loads of port a loos along the way mind you :-) and the first aid crew were fantastic going back and forward between all the back of the pack runners -- checking we were ok and supplying much needed drinks (it ended up being the first day of summer when I ran it :-) )

About This Thread

Maintained by Gobi