Scottish Runners 2016

6 lurkers | 64 watchers
Oct 2016
12:42pm, 17 Oct 2016
5,966 posts
  •  
Jambomo
GSI are pretty awful - I had done the duo team run last year with Mr Jambomo but they dropped it for this year which annoyed me a bit as I wanted us to run it again. Pretty small thing in comparison to not getting your medal and wrong course lengths I accept :)
Oct 2016
1:12pm, 17 Oct 2016
10,603 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
My list of gripes is extensive.

I vowed never to take part in their events again after the long Scottish half debacle and their refusal to accept what was clear to everyone.

I did break that vow to enter Edinburgh marathon after botching up my attempt at London and gladly Edin Mara went without a hitch and even delivered the PB, albeit 28s short of the time I had wanted.

Enter their events expecting something to go wrong.....
Oct 2016
8:13am, 18 Oct 2016
378 posts
  •  
Ulric
I see the Bella 10k is full up (650 entrants), got mine in in good time. I wonder if the weather will be quite as dire as it was last year which was some of the grimmest I've ever raced in. And will my GPS get a signal in time? And will I get off at the right subway station? Not that it all went wrong or anything ;-)
Oct 2016
11:57am, 18 Oct 2016
25,987 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Was horrendous last year Ulric, wasn't it? One of my hardest won t-shirts ever, that one. :-) G
Oct 2016
3:19pm, 18 Oct 2016
155 posts
  •  
Sjjh
I was ready to throw in the towel after a few km's, injured going in didn't help the mood at all.
I'm tempted to head down to Kilmarnock for the cross country event, giving Bella a miss this year.
Oct 2016
3:32pm, 18 Oct 2016
First-time poster!!
  •  
Ally-C
Anybody doing the Trossachs Night Trail Series? Two from Aberfoyle, one from Callander. Did 2/3 last year, very enjoyable.

Details on their site. carnethy.com
Oct 2016
3:46pm, 18 Oct 2016
1,985 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I did one at Callander last year. Was hoping to do them all this year, but struggling with achilles at the moment, so may miss the first one.
Oct 2016
3:49pm, 18 Oct 2016
2 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Was on holiday for the Callander one last year. The two I did were clear nights and running through a dark forest looking up at a star laden night sky was a great experience, although I did nearly end up in a stream at one point!
Oct 2016
3:57pm, 18 Oct 2016
5,975 posts
  •  
Jambomo
That sounds lovely :)
Oct 2016
4:01pm, 18 Oct 2016
1,986 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
At the Callander one, there was a bit of snow blowing through, which made it interesting with a headtorch ( if you've ever driven at night when snowing and the headlights reflecting back off the snow you'll know what I mean ;-) ) - had to slow down at bits as was getting blinded

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races.

There are 26 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk