•  
Star
Agreed! So nice to see everyone.
Mar 2016
9:00pm, 20 Mar 2016
332 posts
  •  
Mr. White
yeep - not actually seen many Fetchies for ages so it was good to see you all and meet some new folk :) Catch up soon dudes :)
Mar 2016
10:41pm, 20 Mar 2016
8,358 posts
  •  
JulesR
**adds these Fetchies to stickerbook**

Great to catch up a bit - there must be something we can organise in the summer even if miles are out of fashion?
Mar 2016
10:58am, 21 Mar 2016
25,427 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Great to see everyone - 1 made it a round dozen? slimboy, Blind Ken, SoapM, Star, Mr W, JulesR, santa, whwrunner, Triplet Dad, me, Chris Bell, Bonio. Did I miss anyone? With the 15 Harmeny club mates and various family, kids etc. we made quite a crowd. Nice one. :-) G
Mar 2016
12:19pm, 21 Mar 2016
9,604 posts
  •  
Star
bet the bloke behind the counter felt bad about being snippy with me before you all arrived, must have kept their tills busy for a wee while!
Mar 2016
4:04pm, 21 Mar 2016
11,538 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Sorry I missed you in the town, by the time I'd caught up with some more people at the finish, got showered and changed and hobbled doon the toun, you'd all gone.

Anyone for an unofficial mile? I mean a free, non-bouncy track one? There are at least three potential places in my area: a 400m blaes track at Camelon; a 350m cinder track at Bonnybridge (round the old Juniors ground) and a tarmac lap at the Falkirk Stadium is about 1700m so could be amended to fit. No worries about covering costs if not everyone turns up.
Mar 2016
4:12pm, 21 Mar 2016
9,606 posts
  •  
Star
the camelon one has the advantage of being just next to train station - should anyone need transport
Mar 2016
8:49pm, 21 Mar 2016
8,137 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
I run the loop around the stadium with a training group. It's over a mile but it is flat and if we don't pick a match day its free. No shortage of parkiing and there are cafe's nearby. For example the one at the Helix is a short jog away
Mar 2016
10:50pm, 21 Mar 2016
333 posts
  •  
Mr. White
I'm up for that, I've never actually done a timed mile so it could be "fun" of sorts....
Happy G - Katypie and Jammy Lu were there too :)
Mar 2016
10:17am, 22 Mar 2016
25,428 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Can't believe I forgot katypie and JammyLu (Lucy is in our club, so I always think of her as club mate). Oh, actually Moira and John are JammyMo and JammyJo actually in Fetch too! That's 15 Fetchies!

Fetch Miles were always: fun. Just takes someone to organise it. Grangemouth was the last one and was good. Cheaper than Stirling track! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races.

There are 26 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk