Scottish Runners 2016

64 watchers
Mar 2016
2:09pm, 24 Mar 2016
2,419 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Thanks guys :)

It was Victoria that I thought might be the one to try. That's if we don't have too many for the road on the Friday night! ;)
Mar 2016
2:12pm, 24 Mar 2016
11,559 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Pollok by train or bus and a five minute jog in. Hunners o buses go oot by Tollcross as well. Strathclyde park is only ten minutes from Hamilton, although generally thought of as Motherwell.
Mar 2016
2:35pm, 24 Mar 2016
2,420 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
It's knowing which one to take though Dvorak, though we have till August to suss it out ;)
I know my way around the city centre on foot well enough and have always managed to stagger back to our hotel from the SECC when we missed the last train and couldn't be bothered waiting for a taxi, just never had take need to take the bus anywhere.
Mar 2016
2:52pm, 24 Mar 2016
140 posts
  •  
Sjjh
Pollok - train from Glasgow Central to Pollokshaws West, then 5-10 min jog to start.
Victoria - train from Glasgow Central to Jordanhill, then half a mile to start.
Springburn - No. 10 from city centre goes straight past the park, nice course. firstgroup.com
Mar 2016
4:28pm, 24 Mar 2016
11,560 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I've had thoughts about a "Strathclyde parkruns challenge" - buying a railrover ticket and doing them all in a day. To make it harder, using a different station at each parkrun for arrival/departure. Then I remind myself how far I would actually have to cover on foot for that ;-). No doubt some people could manage it, so feel free to run with the idea.

(The Greater Glasgow Five might be a more achievable aim.)
Mar 2016
4:52pm, 24 Mar 2016
2,422 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Thanks Sjjh all useful info.

You're on your own with that one Dvorak!
Mar 2016
7:56pm, 24 Mar 2016
1,098 posts
  •  
Tigerlily
Willing to put my name down for Dvorak's weegie parkruns challenge. Is there a pint at every boozer en route too?
Mar 2016
9:01pm, 24 Mar 2016
8,140 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
I'd not have a pint in any boozer near Tollcross Park.
Mar 2016
9:12pm, 24 Mar 2016
2,890 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Hmmmm....

Ayr parkrun - Ayr station - Irvine - Eglinton pr - Killwinning - Greenock West - Greenock pr - Greenock Central - Airbles - Strathclyde pr - Motherwell - Dalmarnock - Tollcross pr - Bridgetown - Hyndland - Victoria pr - Jordanhill - Bishopbriggs - Springburn pr - Springburn - Pollokshaws West - Pollok pr

Easily add in Paisley after Greenock and Drumchapel after Victoria, any others on the horizon?

Makes me quite nostalgic for my £22 a month Transcard of the mid 80s.
Mar 2016
9:14pm, 24 Mar 2016
2,891 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
I'll wear my Celtic gear SOPM. Should see us free and clear in certain directions from Tollcross.I'd be more nervous in the Drum.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races.

There are 26 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk